My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1010 1GB only records 2 minutes

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LondonLad

The problem has developed for me within the last few weeks but is PLAYBACK only. In some cases, affecting programmes recorded six months ago.

The fix is to back out of the list of recordings, then reselect and play from the start. If needs be, fast forwarding through to the point where it said that the playback had finished.

We are in North London and have had the unit for about 18 months without this problem. I'll try a reset/retain progs as suggested.

HIGHLY irritating.
    Thanks for the information of this thread.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 22:44:19 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

LondonLad - 21 minutes ago  » 
    The problem has developed for me within the last few weeks but is PLAYBACK only. In some cases, affecting programmes recorded six months ago.

Don't think I've seen a report of this current issue affecting recordings made before the October update. It might be worth posting about this in the YouView forum. The main thread is at https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/scheduled-recording-only-recording-3-mins-then-stops and is apparently being monitored by the YouView techs working on a fix.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 23:13:16 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

LondonLad

Thanks James, I did read that thread before I posted and it was talking about short recordings as well as playback difficulties. I wanted to make it clear that I had only playback problems.

I understand the problem is being worked on but wanted to add my voice to others who have a problem that the update created - if I understand the report correctly.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 23:29:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It's the impact on older recordings that seems different about your report. I haven't seen that specific detail mentioned by anyone else, or in YouView's stated descriptions of the issues arising from the October update.

Could be that I've just overlooked it.

| Sun 25 Jan 2015 8:38:55 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

YouView's latest announcement on this issue:

We have made further progress and a fix has now been developed by Humax to address the issue which is currently being tested. Early next week we will be able to update this thread with our initial results from testing.

Thanks again for your support while we progress a fix for this problem.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/scheduled-recording-only-recording-3-mins-then-stops?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=15294882#reply_15294882

| Thu 29 Jan 2015 18:18:31 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

JamesB - 1 week ago  » 
    YouView statement on this issue:

We have made some progress with our investigation of this problem and have been able to identify the issue causing the short recordings and recording playback symptoms experienced by some BT and Humax customers. We are now looking to develop a fix that eliminates the issue, we will continue to update on our progress with this. Thank you for your ongoing patience while we continue to work on a fix as a priority.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/scheduled-recording-only-recording-3-mins-then-stops?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=15266591#reply_15266591

YouView have announced an update for this.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/automatic-software-update-for-february-2015

| Mon 2 Feb 2015 18:42:52 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

YouView have offered the following when asked what caused these problems:

It was initially difficult to isolate the root cause of the problem given that not all YouView boxes were affected, and there were a combination of factors that needed to take place for the box to surface the issue. The specific combination of environmental factors included where you live, the data received from the aerial and the number of functions the device was carrying out, all of which interacted with this software issue and resulted in recordings not playing back correctly, or stopping after only a number of minutes.

After significant environment testing we are now in a position to roll out a software fix to all potential customers who might be impacted.

As a result of this issue, we’ve updated our software validation steps to take into account all these different factors in the future.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/scheduled-recording-only-recording-3-mins-then-stops?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=15313000#reply_15313000

| Tue 3 Feb 2015 18:29:38 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcroft

Having just read the above, i.e. YouView have now identified the cause and a fix is imminent, it is perhaps a little late for me to give you my update but, fwiw, I can report that it is now some two weeks since I did my system reset and the problem has not recurred so, for me at least, the problem no longer exists. I hope that is useful.
    Paul

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 10:17:37 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.