My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T2000 freezing

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

So even though I have this improvement with the sound and my picture is very good I still get these "freezes". Last evening I got a freeze with the visuals but not with the sound and the only thing I can do is switch off and then on again.

Is there anything I can do about that?

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 10:05:28 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Your signal strength and quality sound fine. When the picture freeze occurs can you change channels, if so are these also breaking up or frozen?

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 10:16:12 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Cannot do anything. Cant turn it off or change channels. I was half way through watching a recording and it happened and I could do nothing. But the sound went on. Interestingly enough, (or not) when I got it back on the recording had gone back to the beginning.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 10:25:12 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Since all your Humax functions except audio are lost, it is unlikely to be signal related. Looks to be more like a firmware / software or hardware problem. I don't recall seeing reports of other 2000T's having similar faults.
    Have you tried a factory reset, make a note of record schedule as this will be lost, recorded programmes will not be affected.
    Another possibility is to reload the latest version of software.
    Hope that helps.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 10:57:49 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi hgchgc,

Sounds to me that the unit maybe faulty, and if its new I would take it back.

But before you do try setting it back to factory default as fedman1 said.
    Also another thing you could try is turning it off at the mains for a couple of minutes when it freezes, this can sometime cure this problem.
    And also make sure you have a good connection on the aerial that goes into the back of the T2000 Youview box, and there is no interference as this can cause it.

Did your other Humax have the same problem, or is just this PVR ?.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 11:02:31 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi fedman1,

The Humax 2000T and the Humax T2000 are different box's.

The Humax 2000T is just a standard HD PVR with IPlayer and other apps.

The Humax T2000 is a Youview box and is loaded with a different software, where you can subscribe to BT sports, TV etc.

Hope this helps.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 11:25:19 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Hi bill63,
    Thanks for that info. I thought they were the same box, I now know better. Does sound as as if hgchgc's box is duff.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 11:56:22 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi fedman1,

Glad I could help.
    Yes I think he should take it back if it is a new one, because if he cant cure by what we have told him then I don't think he will get it any better.
    Shame because the Humax T2000 Youview box as got good reviews, but I think he just may have a duff one.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 12:33:14 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Hi Bill63 et al

I started to go to factory settings but a warning came up about loosing all my recordings so I have not done that.

The guarantee runs out in December so I had better get it sorted soon. If I am going to loose all my recordings I my as well loose the box.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 16:02:42 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi hgchgc,

I have copied this off the Youview community website.
    It states that you can do a factory reset in maintenance mode and keep your recording, might be worth a go. Please read it all.

How do I perform a maintenance mode recovery?

These are instructions on how to enter the Maintenance Mode on your YouView box, which can be used as a last resort if you need to reset your box, or restore the software.

NOTE: Please consult your YouView box provider before performing a Maintenance Mode Reset. There may be steps you haven’t tried that can resolve your issue.

Before you start you will need to make sure everything is connected:
    1) Your YouView box is plugged into your electricity mains with the mains power in the on position.
    2) The cable from your Aerial is connected to the 'Aerial In' port on the back of the YouView box.
    3) The internet connection from your router, either from a direct Ethernet connection or by Powerline adaptors, needs to be connected to the Ethernet port of the YouView box with your Router powered on and connected to the Internet.
    4) Ensure your YouView box is connected to your TV with EITHER an HDMI or SCART cable and that the correct Source/ input is selected for your TV.

Humax Retail Device Model: DTR-T2000

1)Unplug and reconnect power to the device.
    2)Press and hold the ‘down navigation touch button' on the front of the box for 5 seconds until you see “Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y:POWER)” prompt.
    3)Press the power button on the front of the box. If you do not press the power button within 5 seconds the box will boot up normally
    1)Software Reset
    2)Factory Reset , keep recordings
    3)Factory Reset, delete recordings
    4)Internet / USB recovery, keep recordings
    5)Internet / USB recovery , delete recordings

Pick the option you would like and then follow the on screen messages. We would recommend first trying a factory reset, keep recordings option.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 19:56:34 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.