My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T2000 freezing

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Hi

My

I have had this DTR-T2000 (my second Humax) since last December. It just freezes and then there is a frozen picture but the sound goes on. The only thing I know how to do is to switch off for a few minutes at the electricity plug and then switch it on again after a few minutes.

I am sure this should not happen but what can I do?

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 16:02:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hgchgc - 26 minutes ago  » 
    I have had this DTR-T2000 (my second Humax) since last December. It just freezes and then there is a frozen picture but the sound goes on.

That is usually an indication that the Humax software has crashed. Difficult to know whether it is a software problem or a hardware problem. Have you talked to the retailer about the problem?

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 16:30:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

I finally got onto the Humax helpline and the man suggested that I try a new HDMI cable.

When I had a look I realized that I have a scart lead because I have a CRT TV.

I have now put a different scart lead in but it is not a new one so I will have to wait and see what happens. So far so good.

Hope this might help someone else.

| Fri 9 Sep 2016 15:02:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I would not think it is to do with your Scart lead, that just sends signals direct from your PVR to your TV, the TV is just acting as a monitor with sound.
    If I was you try your aerial lead connections in to the PVR and try your signal strength as well, if its to high that can sometimes cause the picture to break up or freeze. Or is there anything near it the PVR that could cause interference.

| Fri 9 Sep 2016 20:58:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Thank you bill63. I checked on the signal strength on a number of channels and it is around 67/68 and the quality is always 100 p/c. I do not know if this picture strength is too high or too low. Can you tell me?

| Sat 10 Sep 2016 10:26:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi hgchgc, Yes the highest I would say is around 90 per cent but sometimes on different modals and makes the signal strength meter can vary slightly.
    Example my 2000T says which is the HIGHEST multiplex from the same aerial point in the room that is COM 7 is 87 per cent, but my 4000T says it is 92 per cent, and yet my TV says that com 7 is 84 per cent. I don't get a lot of picture break up on com 7, but if I do its mostly to weather or interference outside.

The lowest is when you start losing multiplexes and channels,
    but looking at your strengths I would say yours is about right.
    I would say you ether have outside interference causing it, or you may have a lose connection on your aerial somewhere.

It maybe worth just checking the cables and make sure your PVR is not near something that could cause interference.
    I have found that PVR's have more sensitive tuners than TV's.

Hope this helps.

| Sat 10 Sep 2016 12:01:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

I bought a new scart lead with gold at each end. £15 from John Lewis which impressed me as someone had written that it puts an end to the Purr which I thought was to do with my very old TV.

Purr has gone but the shutting down has not. I have checked for anything near by but I cannot see what might interfere. I will just have to hope it does not do this during Strictly!!

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 17:58:48 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Hi hgchgc,
    I spent most of my working life in the TV broadcast game, but have never heard the term "purr". Could you please explain what you mean by it.
    Regards

| Thu 6 Oct 2016 10:03:45 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

The sound I refer to comes from my old CRT and is just like a cat purring. It changes to louder or softer or comes and goes as the picture changed or the channel. It has not happened since I got this gold plated scart lead. I do get other noises which make me think it is some sort of interference but not the cursed purr.

When I looked at the scart sockets in John Lewis online other peeps referred to the purr.

May as a techie expert you have been fortunate enough to only use the latest "stuff" so have not heard it.

| Thu 6 Oct 2016 16:36:01 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply, and explanation.

Unless this "purring" was coming from the loudspeaker, I would suspect it was from one or more inductors or transformers within the CRT TV. As current passes through these windings it can result in an audiable buzz, and depending upon it's function may be affected by picture content. If this was the reason then I am at a loss as to why changing the SCART cable would cure it?

However if the noise was coming from the loudspeaker then it could be that your old SCART cable was not making good contact. This could cause intermittent low level sounds to be heard.
    The SCART design is particularly poor in this regard due to it's flimsy construction, and lack of mechanical locking mechanism.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 9:56:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.