My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T2000 freezing

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Hi Bill63

Try as I may I could not get back to factory settings without loosing my recordings. I will now give it a week or so and then sort out a replacement if necessary. I will post what happens next.

Thank you

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 10:27:10 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi hgchgc,

Sorry to hear that, I heard people getting their boxes sorted out with their software problems with out losing their recordings in maintenance mode, I got the information from Youview community where different models were listed and that's why I only copied and pasted yours to make it easier.
    I have been reading and its on other forums like Digital Spy with the same info.

But I know in normal settings you can't reset a Youview box with out losing your recordings, as you can't on my BT T2100 it must be in maintenance mode to do this.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 12:22:41 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Don't forget when you connect the power you must press down navigation touch button right away or at the same time.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 20:47:07 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Actually that may be where I went wrong. I could not do it the first time as I was unprepared for this manoeuvre (I am disabled) and my Humax would or could not give me a second chance.

Never mind about the loss of recordings. It needed a Spring clean anyway!

| Sun 9 Oct 2016 8:17:17 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi hgchgc,

Did you lose all your recordings, that's a shame.
    Yes they don't make it easy, you would think it would be in the main settings window to keep recordings, after all sometimes boxes can receive rouge updates which can make the box fail or not work properly.

If you have to do it again, and you go wrong just turn it off at the mains for a couple of minutes and try again or get someone to help you.

Please let me know if it as worked or if its still faulty, because if it is still playing up you have not lost much as you will still need to get it replaced.

| Sun 9 Oct 2016 9:04:16 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

It froze again. Tomorrow I must get onto Humax about what to do next whilst it is still under guarantee.

| Sun 9 Oct 2016 19:03:37 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi hgchgc,

Yes I think there is a major fault somewhere on the unit.
    Its a good idea now to get replaced, you should have better luck with next one hopefully as they are good units normally.

| Sun 9 Oct 2016 20:36:51 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.