My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

DTR-T2000 (Youview) vs. FVP-4000T (FV Playback)?

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Sorry,I should have said that the dongle is required if you can't physically attach the HDR2000t to a modem via a cable. It has no wifi capabilities without a dongle. The nowtv boxes do youtube, vimeo, ted talks and all the 5 terrestrial channels' catch-up, plus if you pay £7 per month you get most of the sky channels and catch-up too (here endeth the nowtv advert.)

To the best of my knowledge, none of the PVRs enable you to record catch-up (that's not really the point of catch-up).

Did you do as I suggested and read the 1 star reviews/ latest reviews? Does it give you the impression that the fvp4000 is likely to be improved?

All the best.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 13:34:35 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Having just read the first 10 1 star reviews for the 500GB Mocha unit on Amazon I would not waste my time.

Info is incorrect/misleading for the majority - obvious user error, and subsequent updates have changed some parts of UI.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 13:49:32 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bradavon

crashcris - 48 minutes ago  » Sorry,I should have said that the dongle is required if you can't physically attach the HDR2000t to a modem via a cable. It has no wifi capabilities without a dongle.

Ah thanks Crashcris. That makes much more sense.

crashcris - 48 minutes ago  » The nowtv boxes do youtube, vimeo, ted talks and all the 5 terrestrial channels' catch-up

I'd forgotten about Now TV has Ted Talks too. Thanks. I've got a Now TV box but haven't plugged it in since I got Youview 2 years ago.

crashcris - 48 minutes ago  » 
    To the best of my knowledge, none of the PVRs enable you to record catch-up (that's not really the point of catch-up).

I thought that so it's odd to mention it as a Youview negative when no PVR can record Catch-up anyway.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 14:29:08 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bradavon

Barry - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Having just read the first 10 1 star reviews for the 500GB Mocha unit on Amazon I would not waste my time.
    Info is incorrect/misleading for the majority - obvious user error, and subsequent updates have changed some parts of UI.

That's why I'm reluctant to check. It still has merit though.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 14:29:56 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Sorry Barry, the latest 7 single star reviews (since the 13 july 2016 update) continue to cite slow response/ frustrating remote/ lack of dedicated buttons/ lost recordings/ reboot problems/ frozen machine...

I'd actually love Bradavon to buy the box and fully report what he finds, perhaps these other people have just been unlucky. Personally I never bought one so cannot attest to its usability, I bought two HDR2000t and I love them, not one of the issues above affect my machines. The picture is spot on and the recordings stable. Of course I've only had them for 2 weeks and who knows if they'll develop any bugs in time?

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 14:35:51 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.