My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Edit channels ... how are deleted channels restore

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

redmic - 13 hours ago  » 
    Similar problem trying to tune to prefered transmitter
    On most digital tv devices where there is a choice of transmitters it is possible to simply do a manual tune to to the multiplexes used by your prefered transmitter. This is not the case with the T4000 as it seems to be a case of computer say NO.

Have you read Barry's FAQ on manual tuning for the FVP-4000T? See https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-instructions-1 If these instructions are not working then can you explain the problem please?

| Thu 10 May 2018 10:06:49 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

Martin Liddle - 1 day ago  » 

redmic - 13 hours ago  » 
    Similar problem trying to tune to prefered transmitter
    On most digital tv devices where there is a choice of transmitters it is possible to simply do a manual tune to to the multiplexes used by your prefered transmitter. This is not the case with the T4000 as it seems to be a case of computer say NO.

Have you read Barry's FAQ on manual tuning for the FVP-4000T? See https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-instructions-1 If these instructions are not working then can you explain the problem please?

If you had read my post you must surely appreciate that I am fully aware of the procedure for a manual tune and know the multiplexes used by Sutton coalfield and The Wrekin both of which are on a similar bearing from my house, The Wrekin being much closer.
    The problem is on all other TVs and recorders which I have had although an auto scan can opt for Sutton Coalfield I can remedy this by doing a manual scan on the T4000 it does not always work.
    Generally if you try to swap multiplex using a manual scan it returns with a "no channels found" message and the transmitter multiplex remains unchanged.
    I have sometimes fixed this by deleting some or usually all the multiplexes channels but my present case is with comm5 multiplex I have deleted all the appropriate channels (see earlier post) and it still won't change multiplex.
    I have 2 philips TVs Sony Tv, topfield recorder Samsung dvd/Hdd recorder
    (just can't get rid of older tech) and they all do what they are told why can't the T4000

| Fri 11 May 2018 10:33:19 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

redmic - 1 hour ago  » 
    If you had read my post you must surely appreciate that I am fully aware of the procedure for a manual tune and know the multiplexes used by Sutton coalfield and The Wrekin both of which are on a similar bearing from my house, The Wrekin being much closer.
    The problem is on all other TVs and recorders which I have had although an auto scan can opt for Sutton Coalfield I can remedy this by doing a manual scan on the T4000 it does not always work.

OK so you can't make scanning a single multiplex work; I have never tried to do it. Does a full manual scan as described in the FAQ work?

| Fri 11 May 2018 11:41:25 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I recently switched my transmitter from Lark Stoke to Sutton Coldfield using a 5000T and using a spare log36 aerial. The smart retune succesfully found all the mux except COM 7 and com 8.

As the signal was not as good as Lark Stoke I switched back to Lark Stoke. A smart re-tune confirmed all mux and channels found. After saving the results the 3 SD PSB mux were missing. Manually adding these also seemed to work fine but again after saving no sign of the 3 mux.

A full auto tune worked fine, but of course I had to re-enter all scheduled recordings.

Guessing the latest update introduced some sort of bug into the smart retune and manual tune options.

| Fri 11 May 2018 11:49:45 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    I recently switched my transmitter from Lark Stoke to Sutton Coldfield using a 5000T and using a spare log36 aerial. The smart retune succesfully found all the mux except COM 7 and com 8.
    As the signal was not as good as Lark Stoke I switched back to Lark Stoke. A smart re-tune confirmed all mux and channels found. After saving the results the 3 SD PSB mux were missing. Manually adding these also seemed to work fine but again after saving no sign of the 3 mux.
    A full auto tune worked fine, but of course I had to re-enter all scheduled recordings.
    Guessing the latest update introduced some sort of bug into the smart retune and manual tune options.

I had several power outages for about 15 minutes at about noon
    tried again to do a manual tune to get comm5 onto mux 44, deleted appropriate channels OK this time now all except comm 7 & 8 now on the Wrekin (7 & 8 not available on Wrekin)
    Did an a Smart Auto tune, well well now comm 4 on Sutton Coldfield, deleted appropriate channels and manual tune successful
    Note schedule still intact except for channel 20 which had to be deleted for man tune.
    Also after the power blips I could not get wifi connected, OK after a reboot of t4000

| Fri 11 May 2018 13:48:11 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Also had a similar problem regarding smart retune not doing the job correctly regarding multiple transmitters. Tried then to manually scan as we are recommended to have just one main transmitter, but got no channels found for one of the muxes.

Tried it again the next day and it managed to do it. This was with 70-80% strength and 100% quality. Never will I use smart retune again.

| Fri 11 May 2018 20:09:51 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.