My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Elderly New Member

(19 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jimp21 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    can you help here, I thought I would be able to play my recorded pvr files on my PC. VLC media player is installed
    but not playing!

Are you trying to stream content from the Foxsat to your PC, or have copied recording files to your PC (.ts) ?

If streaming have you installed one of the media servers (eg Twonky) from the packages ?

Is the content HD or SD ?

| Wed 17 Apr 2013 16:37:19 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

jimp21 - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    can you help here, I thought I would be able to play my recorded pvr files on my PC. VLC media player is installed
    but not playing!

You need to install the VLC Player plug-in from the web interface. Be sure to read about the pre-requisites in the help information pages that gets installed with it as you need VLC on your PC also.
    Once installed use the Web Interface's own media browser to select an unencrypted recording title. The Media Details window that pops up will contain a 'Play' button.
    BTW noted from your earlier post that the CFW you installed is v4.0.8. Latest is v4.1.1 and so you should really update to this one.

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 17:13:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimp21

Hi Graham And Raydon,
    I did have VLC on my PC and then installed plug-in from Web Interface, and it does have a 'Play' button but nothing happens. Will have a look for the new firmware and update this.
    Jim

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 17:27:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimp21

Hi Graham,
    sorry I thought I could stream movies from Humax to PC via interface as I do have Twonky installed, but alas no go
    jim

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 17:33:40 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimp21

Sorry to be so naive here

Do I have to do anything to use Twonky to stream Humax Foxsat-HDR recordings to my computer as it says the following:

Your trial version has expired.
    Please enter a registration key to activate the server. If the server software was bundled with your media receiver, the registration key is provided by the manufacturer. Please check CD and documentation. In all other cases a key has to be obtained from the TwonkyMedia Online Shop.
    Jim

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 8:51:27 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jimp21 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sorry to be so naive here
    Do I have to do anything to use Twonky to stream Humax Foxsat-HDR recordings to my computer as it says the following:
    Your trial version has expired.
    Please enter a registration key to activate the server. If the server software was bundled with your media receiver, the registration key is provided by the manufacturer. Please check CD and documentation. In all other cases a key has to be obtained from the TwonkyMedia Online Shop.
    Jim

Uninstall the newer version and install the older version which doesn't expire.

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 10:41:54 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimp21

Based on Raydon's comment "BTW noted from your earlier post that the CFW you installed is v4.0.8. Latest is v4.1.1 and so you should really update to this one." I went looking for the newer version CFW v.4.1.1 but cannot locate it. Can anyone point me to a link? Thanks in advance
    Jim

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 11:47:36 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jimp21 - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Based on Raydon's comment "BTW noted from your earlier post that the CFW you installed is v4.0.8. Latest is v4.1.1 and so you should really update to this one." I went looking for the newer version CFW v.4.1.1 but cannot locate it. Can anyone point me to a link? Thanks in advance
    Jim

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1747997-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-4-a.html

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 11:59:02 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimp21

Found the location and have the file - thanks very much - will try this out to see how I get on!
    Jim

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 12:09:30 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.