My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

EPG behaving strangely

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BillH

Hi all
    I’m new here so forgive me if this is a daft question.
    When I call the EPG I find it’s just an unpopulated shell. If I scroll forward the times and programs come up and are selectable. I would care, but recordings are being missed now. Any ideas?
    Many thanks….

| Tue 28 Nov 2023 19:00:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

BillH - 12 mins ago  » 
    I’m new here so forgive me if this is a daft question.

It is certainly not a daft question but to start with we need to know which model of Humax PVR you own?

When I call the EPG I find it’s just an unpopulated shell. If I scroll forward the times and programs come up and are selectable. I would care, but recordings are being missed now.

Has this started recently? Have you tried putting the Humax into standby, waiting until the hard drive has stopped spinning and then turning off the mains supply for 30 seconds and the restarting?

| Tue 28 Nov 2023 19:17:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BillH

Hi Martin
    Thanks for your interest.
    We’ve been missing recordings for a few days but have only just noticed the EPG issue - it’s been reliable enough that I conflated the two issues not wanting there to be two… perhaps wishful thinking.
    It’s an HDR 1100s and I was trying “the switch off and wait” when you wrote.
    The EPG is back and working as normal for the moment at least and we’ll have to see about the recordings.
    Not sure I like the switch off and wait solution. It seems to be a bit of a cure-all Do you know if Humax ever try and get to root causes on these glitches?
    Many thanks again

| Tue 28 Nov 2023 19:38:59 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.