My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

EPG issues - firmware update needed?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan2230232

Hello
    I’m wondering if anyone can help with this query
    I own a rather ancient HUMAX PVR 300T.

The only problem with it is the incomplete EPG that often only displays 2/3 days of programming.

Anything beyond that is missing which is proving a bit impractical for my needs.

The firmware is 4 years out of date (1.00.19) . Would updating the firmware deal with the EPG issue?

It can’t update OTT any more and I don’t want to waste money on a cable for nothing if it won't fix the issue. Apparently I need something called a USB to RS232.

Thanks.

Dan

| Wed 12 Mar 2014 22:50:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan2230232

*OTA

| Thu 13 Mar 2014 3:38:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JimG57

Dan - hi

Very probably - it happened on our 9200T before it was updated to the latest version. See Martin Liddle's excellent page guiding you through how to do it here. You will indeed need a null-modem serial cable and if you don't have access to an old PC with a serial port, a USB to serial adaptor. Total cost <£10 to buy via eBay. Your serial cable needs to be DB-9 female to DB-9 female based on the adaptors I've seen.
    Good luck,
    Jim

| Tue 1 Apr 2014 18:45:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JimG57 - 58 minutes ago  » 
    Your serial cable needs to be DB-9 female to DB-9 female based on the adaptors I've seen.

What you have said is all correct but let me emphasise that the cable needs to be a crossover cable that connects pin 2 at one end to pin 3 at the other end and vice versa. The number one mistake people make is to get a cable or adapter with the correct connectors but not having the crossover.

| Tue 1 Apr 2014 19:46:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan2230232

JimG57 - 1 week ago  » 
    Dan - hi
    Very probably - it happened on our 9200T before it was updated to the latest version. See Martin Liddle's excellent page guiding you through how to do it here. You will indeed need a null-modem serial cable and if you don't have access to an old PC with a serial port, a USB to serial adaptor. Total cost <£10 to buy via eBay. Your serial cable needs to be DB-9 female to DB-9 female based on the adaptors I've seen.
    Good luck,
    Jim

Well I managed to update the firmware and the EPG is now far more populated than it was. The last firmware date is now 2011 so even that still pre-dates the 2012 digital switchover for my area <That being one theory as to why these old boxes are not as good as they once were.

The EPG still isn't 100%. Channels such as Dave and ITV3 are still patchy - it only seems to be certain multiplexes.It still takes an age to load.

Really I need to blow £200 on a new box. Something like the DTR-T1010 which I've had my eye on.

Thank you for your help anyway.

| Thu 10 Apr 2014 19:35:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dan2230232 - 2 hours ago  » 

JimG57 - 1 week ago  » 
    Really I need to blow £200 on a new box. Something like the DTR-T1010 which I've had my eye on.

Think hard before getting a YouView box. In my view the HDR-2000T or the older HDR-FOX T2 are better PVRs although they don't have the range of catchup services offered by the YouView boxes.

| Thu 10 Apr 2014 22:12:26 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.