2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stooz - 29 mins ago  » 
    7 - Thats TV , Presently a shopping channel
    109 - Chan 4 plus one HD
    83 - NOW 80s
    62 - no channel. The EPG goes from 60 then 63

62 is on a local very low power mux that may well be transmitted away from you.

So far everything looks normal.

In the high numbered BBC channels do have a BBC 1 region that looks as if it's different to Winter Hill. (check the local news in the epg compared to your main BBC1 on channel 1 )

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 17:43:59 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stooz

Thanks for the information and I will look at local news on BBC.

I did have a FOX T2 for many years which was very good but it started giving trouble. Either not recording, the red light coming on saying it was recording but afterwards it hadn't and so on. So I thought I would take the plunge and get one with all the I-Players etc. and use the T2 elsewhere. Odd differences though. There is not a button on the remote with "i" so you can just see what the programme is about or in the EPG get more info. I know you can look in the EPG and click OK, see the info and go out but the other way was intuitive and easier. Also no SKIP function just Fast FWD. I recorded a programme in 2 parts last night and in the recordings list they are separated and I have no idea which is the first part as it does not show the times as it did on the T2.

Any ideas if the EPG can be made to work as I don't want to hang around waiting for a transmitter update.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 17:59:24 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stooz - 9 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the information and I will look at local news on BBC.
    I did have a FOX T2 for many years which was very good but it started giving trouble. Either not recording, the red light coming on saying it was recording but afterwards it hadn't and so on. So I thought I would take the plunge and get one with all the I-Players etc. and use the T2 elsewhere. Odd differences though. There is not a button on the remote with "i" so you can just see what the programme is about or in the EPG get more info. I know you can look in the EPG and click OK, see the info and go out but the other way was intuitive and easier. Also no SKIP function just Fast FWD. I recorded a programme in 2 parts last night and in the recordings list they are separated and I have no idea which is the first part as it does not show the times as it did on the T2.
    Any ideas if the EPG can be made to work as I don't want to hang around waiting for a transmitter update.

There is a hidden menu that can show this info on a FVP box.

When tuned to a transmitter the info button shows the UHF carrier being used at the top of the display. The issue you describe is likely to the broadcaster not knowing how to properly code a split event. Was it Channel 4 - HD ?

If you find a duplicate use this to find the UHF channel used by the main channel 1 and the duplicate one.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 18:12:41 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Stooz - 17 mins ago  » 
    Also no SKIP function just Fast FWD.

There is a skip function but no dedicated buttons: see Barry's FAQ https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-use-skip-function Not as convenient as having skip buttons but workable.

I recorded a programme in 2 parts last night and in the recordings list they are separated and I have no idea which is the first part as it does not show the times as it did on the T2.

When you select the programme to play it will show you the start and finish times of the recording.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 18:21:36 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stooz

Hi both of you. Firstly can't remember but whichever channel had the Liam Neeson film Commuter. May have been one of the 4 or perhaps one of the 5 series.
    I did select the two parts to play to see the start time to work out which one to play first but, and I don't want to appear to be grumpy and criticise the 5000t, on the T2 in the recordings list you could see the start times so that made it easy.

Thanks for all the info on SKIP. I will get used to it.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 18:29:41 #16 |
  7. davidrew

davidrew

special member

An update on the lack of EPG updates ....

Channel 5 announced on Friday last week that an extra episode of Neighbours and Home & Away will now be shown on Wednesdays in the normal lunchtime slot. Thought it would be interesting to see how quick the 5000T picks it up and if the series link sorts itself out.

Hasn't updated yet so did some digging. The Channel 5 WEB site shows the updated schedule but the Freeview site and App does not. I don't know how the schedule changes get pushed or pulled between the broadcasters and Freeview but it obviously is not happening in a timely manner.

Until Freeview themselves have updated the 5000T schedule will remain wrong and I don't know how often it checks for EPG changes.

I may have been a little harsh in my earlier post about the 5000T EPG, there is no excuse for lots of 'no programme information' entries but the populated EPG is only as good as the one advertised by Freeview.

| Sun 19 Apr 2020 23:15:48 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.