My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

EPG out of step with reality

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I notice that the BBC EPG on the 5000T is not very well following the changes which are happening all the time at the moment. I assume that this is not under the control of Humax, but the broadcasters, but just thought I would mention it because it is making it quite difficult to record some of the afternoon/early evening programmes with times changing.

I see that the Freeview TV Guide seems to be correct, so I wonder why not the EPG.

| Tue 7 Apr 2020 14:27:29 #1 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

The 5000T has never been good at changes to schedules and also populating the EPG as can be seen from the numerous "no programme information" slots dotted around.

The current situation only highlights this EPG failing even more, its only just got the idea that F1 faces are cancelled and that Home & Away and Neighbours is now only twice a week and it does not need to record random things under these titles.

If my Panasonic TV can sort out the EPG efficiently surely the Humax can. The 5000T should be able to adapt, schedules do change, just lazy coding I guess and we have to live with it until the next update (not holding my breath).

| Wed 8 Apr 2020 12:18:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Thinker1511

We are noticing this particular with BBC News. Very annoying. What can we do to pressurise who can fix this, to do so?

| Thu 16 Apr 2020 22:57:16 #3 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

Get on to Humax Customer Support. No point in just "Me Tooing" here. Humax don't take any notice of complaints on forums and not much from consumers either.

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 9:52:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stooz

I have just bought a 5000T and the EPG is absolutely no good whatsover. It has info for about 2 hours and occasionally 24 or so hours.
    I have phoned HUMAX support three times. Twice they had me do things such as a new channel search or reset to factory settings neither of which worked and on the third call the information given was that it was all the fault of my local transmitter and it may work on the next transmitter update.
    I have a very old Humax on another TV and that along with all my family's TV haa a perfectly functioning EPG.
    So before I send it back is there a fix other than Humax response of - Tough not my problem and you will have to live with it until it may or may not be fixed?

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 16:21:22 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stooz - 3 mins ago  » 
    I have just bought a 5000T and the EPG is absolutely no good whatsover. It has info for about 2 hours and occasionally 24 or so hours.
    I have phoned HUMAX support three times. Twice they had me do things such as a new channel search or reset to factory settings neither of which worked and on the third call the information given was that it was all the fault of my local transmitter and it may work on the next transmitter update.
    I have a very old Humax on another TV and that along with all my family's TV haa a perfectly functioning EPG.
    So before I send it back is there a fix other than Humax response of - Tough not my problem and you will have to live with it until it may or may not be fixed?

What is the highest channel number you have in your epg ?

Do you know which transmitter you should be using ?

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 16:25:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stooz

Winter Hill - I can see it on the horizon quite a few miles away and in last few days have been told by TV to retune which was done. TV picture looks fine and all channels have good power.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 16:34:27 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stooz - 6 mins ago  » 
    Winter Hill - I can see it on the horizon quite a few miles away and in last few days have been told by TV to retune which was done. TV picture looks fine and all channels have good power.

How about the highest channel number in your epg ?

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 16:41:51 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stooz

16:41 (1 minute ago)
    My EPG has various BBC channels from 751 to 761 plus 792 Sony Movies and 795 test channe

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 16:43:08 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stooz - 18 mins ago  » 
    16:41 (1 minute ago)
    My EPG has various BBC channels from 751 to 761 plus 792 Sony Movies and 795 test channe

What channels do have you on these lcn's

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 17:02:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.