My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

EPG Problem

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

Whenever I press the guide button,I find a number of channels have 'No programme information' displayed.This never happened with my old 'Fox t2',so why does the 5000t find it so difficult? I have tried 'factory condition' and re-tuning.

| Sat 11 Jan 2020 11:58:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

The EPG is updated over the internet I think. Is your network connection good? I have never discovered whether the EPG works over the air when the network is not connected but maybe others can help here.

| Sat 11 Jan 2020 12:02:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

Thanks,GrahamRHK. Your advice to connect the 5000t to the internet seems to have worked.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 11:56:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

My 5000T is rarely connected to the internet. The 8-day EPG from "now" to eight days time updates over the air. However, if I look at the eigth day I get a message about there may not be EPG data. Without the internet connection I cannot get EPG items for previous programmes. (ie. what was on an hour ago).

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 15:49:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

EEPhil - 17 hours ago  » 
    My 5000T is rarely connected to the internet. The 8-day EPG from "now" to eight days time updates over the air. However, if I look at the eigth day I get a message about there may not be EPG data. Without the internet connection I cannot get EPG items for previous programmes. (ie. what was on an hour ago).

Thanks for this useful info. The backward EPG has to come from the internet (Freeview Play feature) but the forward EPG comes OTA. Whether you can see the 8th day depends I suppose on what time in the day the EPG gets refreshed.

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 9:01:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GrahamRHK - 2 hours ago  » 
    Whether you can see the 8th day depends I suppose on what time in the day the EPG gets refreshed.

It is continually refreshed; you can see this in situations where a programme is running late. Sadly the recording performance in these situations is not as good as the HDR-FOX T2 which is a continual source of disappointment.

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 11:51:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

As I have said, since I connected the 5000t to my internet [I get a good signal] the EPG is working perfectly going forward,but there is no channel information at all going backwards. My Panasonic TV is not connected to the internet,so I suppose that could be the reason.

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 20:36:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

disolar - 2 mins ago  » 
    As I have said, since I connected the 5000t to my internet [I get a good signal] the EPG is working perfectly going forward,but there is no channel information at all going backwards.

Is BBC iPlayer (or any of the other players) working?

My Panasonic TV is not connected to the internet,so I suppose that could be the reason.

That will have nothing to do with the lack of backwards EPG.

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 20:41:11 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

Thank,you Martin.I thought I was signed in to the iplayer,but I wasn't because I forgot I had performed a 'factory condition' a short while ago.I now have EPG forwards and backwards.People who have purchased a 5000t who are not on the internet,or have a poor signal,are not going to be happy with there EPG.

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 20:59:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fluffykins

disolar - 4 days ago  » 
    Whenever I press the guide button,I find a number of channels have 'No programme information' displayed.This never happened with my old 'Fox t2',so why does the 5000t find it so difficult? I have tried 'factory condition' and re-tuning.

Ive noticed something similar. My FVP4000-T isnt Internetted. If I'm watching BBC 1 and check the EPG, it may show no info for channel 4 (I think) and a few others. If I switch to channel 4 (or whatever channel it was with no info), watch it for a moment then open the epg, all info is there.

Maybe the epg is a "per mux" thing

| Thu 16 Jan 2020 1:33:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.