My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

EPG Problem

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Fluffykins - 55 mins ago  » 

disolar - 4 days ago  » 
    Whenever I press the guide button,I find a number of channels have 'No programme information' displayed.This never happened with my old 'Fox t2',so why does the 5000t find it so difficult? I have tried 'factory condition' and re-tuning.

Ive noticed something similar. My FVP4000-T isnt Internetted. If I'm watching BBC 1 and check the EPG, it may show no info for channel 4 (I think) and a few others. If I switch to channel 4 (or whatever channel it was with no info), watch it for a moment then open the epg, all info is there.
    Maybe the epg is a "per mux" thing

Please would you clarify your post, because at the moment it is very ambiguous which channels you are referring to.
    BBC One and Chanel 4 standard definition are broadcast on different muxes to each other.
    BBC One HD and Chanel 4 HD are broadcast on the same mux.

| Thu 16 Jan 2020 2:38:57 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The easiest immediate cure is to select BBC1 HD for about 15 seconds (give or take) and the EPG will repopulate.
    As an ongoing solution, as has been recommended here frequently, set up the inbuilt timer to turn the box on (15 minutes before you normally get up) and select BBC1 HD. By the time you turn on your TV everything will be as it should.

| Thu 16 Jan 2020 8:45:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Fluffykins - 10 hours ago  » 
    If I switch to channel 4 (or whatever channel it was with no info), watch it for a moment then open the epg, all info is there.

All the MUXs carry the full EPG however the time to broadcast the full EPG may vary between multiplexes. I don't know what the current situation is but in the past the BBC multiplex had the shortest time to broadcast the full EPG (used to be a bit less than 5 minutes).

| Thu 16 Jan 2020 11:44:24 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.