My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

EPG Recording - no series record

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

On my PVR9300 while viewing EPG, if I pressed the record button from a selected EPG program it offered the series record option if applicable. The 4000T in this situation just sets up a one off record into the schedule - is this a bug or a feature ?

Has anyone noticed that occasionally, when a future program is being advertised on live TV, the 4000 comes up with a green button option to create a scheduled recording. I'm not a great fan of the 4000T so far compared to my previous Humax boxes but has to be said that this is a nice feature.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 15:06:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Use the OK button, not the record button.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 15:11:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

I agree but this just adds unnecessary key presses compared to the 9300 model.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 16:15:36 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

giverny - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I agree but this just adds unnecessary key presses compared to the 9300 model.

Why ?

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 16:27:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

With the 9300, you moved the cursor to the program of choice within the EPG and pressed the record button and the box gave you the options of single or series record. Didn't have to press an OK button first and of course the 9300 also had the beauty of an "i" button as well.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 16:37:11 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

giverny - 2 minutes ago  » 
    With the 9300, you moved the cursor to the program of choice within the EPG and pressed the record button and the box gave you the options of single or series record. Didn't have to press an OK button first and of course the 9300 also had the beauty of an "i" button as well.

Presumably the OK button does exactly the same thing. It certainly does that on all the later Freeview+ pvrs that I have owned.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 16:41:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

It is not the end of the world but just feels more tedious to have to press the OK button every time. The 9300 feels much more intuitative and automatically offered the choice of single or series from the EPG, even the display of the EPG highlighted which progs were series record which is lacking on the 4000.
    It just feels as though the designers have not thought through making the box as easy to use as they could - a bit like the search feature on the 4000 where you have to press search and also the OK button to get the alpha selection (why not just display the alpha list straight away - makes no sense to me).

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 16:54:09 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

giverny - 1 minute ago  » 
    It is not the end of the world but just feels more tedious to have to press the OK button every time. The 9300 feels much more intuitative and automatically offered the choice of single or series from the EPG, even the display of the EPG highlighted which progs were series record which is lacking on the 4000.
    It just feels as though the designers have not thought through making the box as easy to use as they could - a bit like the search feature on the 4000 where you have to press search and also the OK button to get the alpha selection (why not just display the alpha list straight away - makes no sense to me).

Still not following you. I don't have the FVP-4000T but I imagine after pressing OK (or record) you have to use the cursor keys to select the required option. As these are co-located with OK it seems logical to me. That's how the HDR FOX T2 works, and never seen any complaints about this despite it's age.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 16:59:06 #8 |
  9. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I agree that there are a lot more button presses needed for many operations with the 4000T, but I don't think that this is one of them.

To record one programme from the EPG just press the record button.

To record a series don't press the record button at all, just press OK instead and then press it again when the series record option appears.

And I have noticed, and used, the 'Green Button' feature

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 17:09:14 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

giverny - 3 hours ago  » 

The OK button, the record button does nothing in the situation you describe.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 19:50:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.