My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

External Drive problems (yes another one sorry!)

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RLN

Sorry if this has been covered before but cannot find any thing the quite fits.

I've a 500GB external drive which I've formatted in FAT32. I've put about 25 video files on it mostly .mp4. When plugged into the USB3 port on the Aura, I cant find anything. In the Aura's settings it shows the drive but says the external drive is "safely been uninstalled" (or words to that effect). Any ideas please?

Thanks, Roy

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 11:05:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RLN - 2 hours ago  » 
    I've a 500GB external drive which I've formatted in FAT32. I've put about 25 video files on it mostly .mp4. When plugged into the USB3 port on the Aura, I cant find anything. In the Aura's settings it shows the drive but says the external drive is "safely been uninstalled" (or words to that effect).

Have you installed something like VLC to play the content? If you have then what partition style is the hard driver (MBR or GPT)?

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 13:14:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RLN

Thanks Martin

I have 3 or 4 media players that I've been using up to now. To be honest it's not looking from the Humax settings that the drive is mounted, although it does know what it is. Not sure about the partition style, I formatted it in windows 10 as FAT32 and all looks ok in windows, capacity etc., is there a way to find out what it is now, disc properties maybe?

Thanks, Roy

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 13:30:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RLN - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Martin
    I have 3 or 4 media players that I've been using up to now. To be honest it's not looking from the Humax settings that the drive is mounted, although it does know what it is. Not sure about the partition style, I formatted it in windows 10 as FAT32 and all looks ok in windows, capacity etc., is there a way to find out what it is now, disc properties maybe?

Try this link for partition type https://pureinfotech.com/check-gpt-mbr-partition-windows-10/

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 15:35:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RLN

Hi Martin, looks like its MBR

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 16:16:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RLN

I've double checked and the external drive was formatted with MBR partition table. It still Says "drive has been safely removed" in the Humax settings fir the external storage.

| Fri 21 Oct 2022 9:06:38 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.