My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

external hard drive on HD-FOX T2-G

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

buzzking5

i wanted to use a 250gb external hard drive on the box im getting monday but i wanted to know can i save films on there straight from my laptop and play them through the humax box but also use the record function too for tv...or do i need to partition the hard drive if so what format...any advice be great....thanks

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 18:13:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

I have a 250gb drive attached to mine as off last week. Once you plug it in use the storage option to change to the usb drive and then the opt+ to get to the format function to format as the box requires.

You cannot record to is straight from the box you record to the internal drive first then use the move/copy to move anything you wish to keep.

I have ripped dvds on my pc and sent them to the box using ftp and wifi as the Fox is wired to my router. If you save the films in a format the box understands it will play them no problem.

so in answer yes you can transfer films from laptop but beware hd will fill up quickly.
    The box uses a different format for the hd which as mention you can format by with as above.

Even better you can watch recorded tv on your laptop and mobile etc. by wireless all at the same time. I have used it to watch recorded tv upstairs using imediashare on my phone and the phones hdmi cable to connect it to my bedroom telly

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 18:18:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

buzzking5

podman - 1 minute ago  » 
    I have a 250gb drive attached to mine as off last week. Once you plug it in use the storage option to change to the usb drive and then the opt+ to get to the format function to format as the box requires.
    You cannot record to is straight from the box you record to the internal drive first then use the move/copy to move anything you wish to keep.
    I have ripped dvds on my pc and sent them to the box using ftp and wifi as the Fox is wired to my router. If you save the films in a format the box understands it will play them no problem.

thank you for that advice cant wait for it to get here now...thanks

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 18:21:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

No problem. if setup correctly this box is such a great set of tricks and an asset thinking of saving up for a second one for upstairs. Iplayer is great to just with it 4demand etc and nexflix or lovefilm

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 18:25:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

podman - 20 minutes ago  » 

The title says HD-FOX T2; are you saying that you have an HD (rather than an HDR) with an internal drive?

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 18:40:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

Apologies i have hdr-fox t2 with internal hard drive but I have also extended storage using the usb facility. I'm pretty sure on the HD Fox t2 which allows you to record it will automatically record to the external usb drive.

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 18:51:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

buzzking5

podman - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Apologies i have hdr-fox t2 with internal hard drive but I have also extended storage using the usb facility. I'm pretty sure on the HD Fox t2 which allows you to record it will automatically record to the external usb drive.

will it all be the same with the external hard drive as i will have the hd and and not the hdr....

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 19:21:25 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

Sorry can't make any promises as i have the hdr best head over to HD Fox t2 forum and post or search. Also the instruction book may help.

Have look here: http://myhumax.org/blog/ HD Fox T2 with usb hard drive setup process.

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 20:19:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

buzzking5 - 2 hours ago  » 
    will it all be the same with the external hard drive as i will have the hd and and not the hdr....

There are two fundamental differences between the HD and HDR. The HD model does not have any native capability to unencrypt recordings, neither SD nor HD; the HD does not have a DLNA server but the HDR does.

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 22:18:42 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.