My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Factory Reset

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JUWWI

Hi All,

I have been having some issues with my Humax 1000s, I had originally put it down to the excessive heat of a few weeks ago I attempted to do a factory reset to try and resolve the issues.

I was expecting a factory reset to restore everything to default settings, including clearing my channels and recordings. This however was not the case and it simply rebooted the machine and did not restore the box to factory settings.

Am I misunderstanding ? Is there any other way if forcing a reboot, am happy to loose my recordings.

Thanks in advance.

| Mon 3 Jul 2017 17:59:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

If you want to lose/clear/delete all your recordings then you'll need to format the HDD in settings. A factory reset does retune the channels, clear favourite channels, clear your recording schedule etc, pretty much everything except remove your recordings.
    So what issues are you having ?

| Mon 3 Jul 2017 19:38:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JUWWI

Thanks for the response.

I tried the reset a couple of times and it did not clear channels or recording schedule, IE I did not have to rescan following it rebooting as I was expecting.

The box appears to be working OK but am having a few issues where it will not turn on, the clock will be on on the box but it will not wake from standby. If operating then recordings etc all fine.

| Mon 3 Jul 2017 19:59:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Something is wrong, a factory reset will not affect your existing recordings, but it will delete your recording schedule and the first thing it will ask for is a postcode. If your box displays the clock 24/7 it means you have turned off the default low power standby mode (any reason why ?).

It's possible to force a factory reset using a usb stick. Hopefully Barry will post a link to the file required.

Similary a freesat re-tune should also request a postcode, can you check that this happens ?

Can you post exactly the steps you did to carry out the re-set ?

| Mon 3 Jul 2017 20:27:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JUWWI

Settings>System Settings>Factory Default.

Recording schedule was not affected and did not have to rescan channels or enter postcode.

Will try a retune later.

Thanks for responses so far.

| Mon 3 Jul 2017 20:49:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Obviously it isn't resetting anything a factory default should reboot the box and then take you through the first time install stuff like screen resolution, signal, postcode, channel search, wifi/internet connection etc.

| Mon 3 Jul 2017 23:16:01 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.