My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Failed recording "0" Mins

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyfarrer

Hello, New to this but I wondered whether anyone can help. I set the PVR to record whilst out or overnight but it when I go to view, some programmes show as "failed recording - 0 Minutes. The problem is sporadic and isn't identifiable as one channel causing the problem. e.g set to record Match of the day and Football League show directly afterwards on same channel. It missed Match of the day
    but recorded Football League show! Help

| Tue 7 Feb 2012 8:38:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

andyfarrer - 1 hour ago  » 
    I set the PVR to record whilst out or overnight but it when I go to view, some programmes show as "failed recording - 0 Minutes. The problem is sporadic and isn't identifiable as one channel causing the problem.

Is your box correctly tuned? One symptom is channels numbered 800 and above.

| Tue 7 Feb 2012 10:13:39 #2 |
  3. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

andyfarrer - 5 hours ago  » 
    Hello, New to this but I wondered whether anyone can help. I set the PVR to record whilst out or overnight but it when I go to view, some programmes show as "failed recording - 0 Minutes. The problem is sporadic and isn't identifiable as one channel causing the problem. e.g set to record Match of the day and Football League show directly afterwards on same channel. It missed Match of the day
    but recorded Football League show! Help

Have you added any padding to the start and end times, or have you left it to its own devices? Padding sometimes causes problems - particularly with consecutive programmes on the same channel.

Were you trying to record anything else at the same time?

WT

| Tue 7 Feb 2012 13:59:44 #3 |
  4. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Hi andyfarrer
    There are a few causes :-
    1) the program wasn't transmitted (very rare)
    2) with no padding set your recorder looks for a start signal transmitted by the broadcaster, This is sometimes missing (more common on non BBC channels)
    3) No' 2 above is made worse by having channel stored in the 800's they are duplicates that can 'mess-up' the start signal
    4) padding may add the end of one program onto the beginning of a consecutive program (on the same channel). But won't stop a complete recording (unless there is a 3 program recording conflict)

| Wed 8 Feb 2012 12:06:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyfarrer

Thanks guys, I haven't used padding so it can't be that. I do, however receive hundreds of channels strangest thing is that it picks up BBC Midlands as primary channel even though I live in East Yorkshire! Humax have opted to replace the unit today so I will start afresh and hone down the channel list.

| Thu 9 Feb 2012 10:04:58 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

andyfarrer - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks guys, I haven't used padding so it can't be that. I do, however receive hundreds of channels strangest thing is that it picks up BBC Midlands as primary channel even though I live in East Yorkshire! Humax have opted to replace the unit today so I will start afresh and hone down the channel list.

Almost certainly there is no need for your box to be replaced, it just needs tuning properly. Presumably yours is a brand new box, it may get replaced with an 'A' grade box, a box that someone else has sent back for whatever reason. It is wrong to "hone down" the channel list, you need to prevent the extra channels in the first place by correctly performing a Manual Search.

| Thu 9 Feb 2012 10:28:05 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I have Manual Search instructions for the SD machines, Martin has created something similar here.

| Thu 9 Feb 2012 10:36:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

andyfarrer - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Humax have opted to replace the unit today so I will start afresh and hone down the channel list.

Honing down the list of channels when receieving from more than one transmitter is exactly the wrong thing to do. As Biggles says you need to do a manual tune which might sound complicated but is actually very simple. You can then remove any unneeded channels from the manually tuned list.

| Thu 9 Feb 2012 10:44:51 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyfarrer

Hi Guys, I will do as you recommend. I am afraid I am a muppet when it comes to these things. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, the unit has been replaced, however, it does appear to be brand new. Will give it a go and post later. Cheers

| Sat 11 Feb 2012 9:41:51 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyfarrer

Well the unit arrived and I have followed your manual search instructions and all seems hunky dory.....less than 800 channels and all in order. The only thing it doesn't show is whether I am receiving HD. All these seem to have disappeared?

| Tue 14 Feb 2012 9:08:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.