My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Failed Recording On New BBC HD Channels

(77 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

fedman1 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Same problem here with HDR fox T2 approx 1 year old. Failed recording 0 mins BBC3 HD, BBC4HD not yet available.
    Heathfield TX (sussex).
    A friend looking at Crystal Palace has same effect on BBC3 & 4 HD, his T2 is approx 2 years old.
    As Graham said Freesat works fine on both channels using my Foxsat HDR.
    Are any other manufacturers reporting problems?

Hi welcome to the forum. I have asked the question in a new thread on AV Forums where there will be other makes of box owners contributing.

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 14:31:21 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Hi Graham thanks for your welcome, I only found this forum by chance.
    Will check out the AV forum as well, hope the problem can be resolved soon. Regards

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 14:57:30 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

fedman1 - 53 minutes ago  » 
    Are any other manufacturers reporting problems?

Not a different manufacturer, but I've had a number of zero length BBC Four HD recordings on my two-month-old Humax HDR-2000T. Crystal Palace.

The BBC Four HD programmes which have recorded ok, have very erratic subtitling. Never had this on BBC Four before. Could it be part of the same problem?

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 15:20:00 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I suspect that it may be down to a weird GOP structure in the transmission. Without being able to examine a recording no way to check

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 15:24:50 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Thanks, Graham. If your suspicions are correct, can you tell me if that means the problem with the subtitles is an innate "feature" of the transmission method and therefore likely to persist?

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 15:35:37 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks, Graham. If your suspicions are correct, can you tell me if that means the problem with the subtitles is an innate "feature" of the transmission method and therefore likely to persist?

Not tecchie enough to know the answer to that - sorry. There was a similar issue with the launch of Channel 4-HD on satellite. The channel was available to view using non-freesat mode but you couldn't record it. It was resolved at the broadcaster end a short while before the freesat launch. No new firmware was needed for the Foxsat-hdr.

It may well be fixed in a similar way for this Freeview issue. If so I doubt we will ever know exactly what the problem was.

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 15:57:28 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Thanks.

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 16:01:56 #27 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

I have successfully recorded scheduled programmes on BBC THREE HD, and BBC FOUR HD without any problems, using HDR-FOX T2. My signal is coming from Winter Hill.

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 20:37:16 #28 |
  9. Wallace

Wallace

special member

My test recording on BBC Four HD is still underway. Looking good as I can see the file size increasing via the WebIf. Also on Winter Hill. I also have a program set to record on BBC Three HD at 22:00 as I have not tested that channel yet.

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 20:41:27 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Studon

I have tried recording BBC3 HD and BBC4 HD tonight. Both failed - zero minutes. Am tuned to Sandy Heath using HDR T2 1.02.28

Studon

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 21:09:39 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.