My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Failed recordings

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bazarchie

Is this unit very demanding on signal strength and quality? I get several failed recordings due to pixilation although the tv itself rarely has a bad picture. My previous recorder was fine.

| Tue 15 Mar 2016 20:07:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Bazarchie - 14 hours ago  » 
    Is this unit very demanding on signal strength and quality? I get several failed recordings due to pixilation although the tv itself rarely has a bad picture. My previous recorder was fine.

I suspect that the lack of a response to your question is that this is not a generally recognised failing in the FVP-4000T.

I would say that my FVP is perhaps slightly more demanding than my Sony TV but it's not an issue.

Richard

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 10:25:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

Your signal could be too strong.
    Search this forum for "attenuator".

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 11:22:37 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Bazarchie - 17 hours ago  » 

Same channel or different ones?

What is the signal strength and quality for affect channel(s) via the FVP:

Tune to problematic channel(s)

Home
    Settings
    Channels Settings
    Signal Test

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 13:16:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonash

I have exactly the same problem as you bazarchie. I'm on my second fvp-4000t 1tb replacement. The effect is at random times and on different channels and muxes. I've tried attenuation with no effect. I get 100% signal and quality on three tuners. My Samsung TV is only connected to fvp via hdmi and strangely leaving the TV on all the time, on any channel solves the problem for me. Weird. Had a new aerial and coax fitted with no effect.
    So it's not just you.

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 19:02:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bazarchie

Barry - 8 hours ago  » 

Bazarchie - 17 hours ago  » 

Same channel or different ones?
    What is the signal strength and quality for affect channel(s) via the FVP:
    Tune to problematic channel(s)
    Home
    Settings
    Channels Settings
    Signal Test

The issue is with Drama, Yesterday and ITV3 but some days it is fine others not. When I have checked the signal strength it is 100% but this is not at the same time as the recordings. Tends to be daytime recordings that are problematic.

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 22:23:27 #6 |
  7. viccot

viccot

I had this on channel five. Signal strength is 84% and quality is 100%. I suspect this may be occurring when all three tuners are in use for recording. If this is the case the problem may be with the data stream to the hard drive.

| Fri 18 Mar 2016 11:21:09 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

You are not alone with this problem according to my own experience and other postings I've seen on the net. I am on my second 4000T Nero and still getting the problem for 3 months now. I am running my old Humax 9300T in parallel with the 4000T off the same aerial feed with signal strength around 80% and quality 100%.
    The picture on my TV is fine and all recordings on the 9300T are perfect (as they were on my older 9200T), but the 4000T consistently creates failed recordings/pixilated and noted that recordings start usually around 5 minutes late (but on time on the 9300T).
    Humax are still trying to come up with an explanation.
    I have been monitoring for some time but no explanation as to why it works OK sometimes and not others and nothing to show it is when 3 timers working either.

| Sun 20 Mar 2016 3:56:00 #8 |
  9. viccot

viccot

I have also had this problem with my Fox T2, sadly demised when the fan failed and it got hot. I have tried three channel recording again and all three produced perfect video. I am less than a mile from the transmitter so I would not expect this to be a signal strength problem. The television is on the same aerial and never gives this problem. On the Fox T2 it was more prevalent on HD channels.

| Sun 20 Mar 2016 10:07:59 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

viccot - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am less than a mile from the transmitter so I would not expect this to be a signal strength problem.

Is the transmitter a main transmitter or a relay? If you are less than a mile from a main transmitter then you may well have too much signal and be overloading the tuners; an attenuator in the aerial cabling would help in that case.

| Sun 20 Mar 2016 12:15:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.