My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Failed recordings not showing programme name

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hoomaxing

I've recently been suffering poor satellite signal (2E sucks!) and occasionally my recordings fail. What's disappointing is that when I look in my Recordings, instead of seeing the programme name that failed, it just shows a start/end time and a channel name or number.

Sometimes I'll setup on a one-off recording a week ahead and when it then fails a week later, I don't know what it was. The EPG doesn't help, because you can't look backwards. So I end up having to go online to find out what was on that channel at that time.

I don't get why the programme name is somehow lost on a failed recording.

edit: these aren't manual recordings by the way, they were selected from the EPG by programme name.

| Tue 25 Mar 2014 22:20:44 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Sounds like you need to get your dish realigned.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 1:14:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hoomaxing

-gonzo- - 3 days ago  » 

Do you think I could get the BBC/ITV/C4/C5 to pay for that realignment? It was working perfectly well until they moved the channels to 2E.

Anyway, the theme of the thread, has anyone else noticed that failed recordings are nameless? Is this a Humax or a Freesat thing? It's pretty dumb either way.

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 9:04:08 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

hoomaxing - 21 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 3 days ago  » 

Do you think I could get the BBC/ITV/C4/C5 to pay for that realignment? It was working perfectly well until they moved the channels to 2E.

Why not try getting SES to pay for it, after all they're the ones who moved 1N to a new position and replaced it with 2E.

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 9:27:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hoomaxing

-gonzo- - 41 minutes ago  » 

hoomaxing - 21 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 3 days ago  » 

Why not try getting SES to pay for it, after all they're the ones who moved 1N to a new position and replaced it with 2E.

I'll get onto that

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 10:10:30 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hoomaxing - 1 hour ago  » 

-gonzo- - 3 days ago  » 

Anyway, the theme of the thread, has anyone else noticed that failed recordings are nameless? Is this a Humax or a Freesat thing? It's pretty dumb either way.

Where are you ? Astra 2E UK spot beam is stronger in the UK than 1N was. Basically the same energy is focussed into a tighter beam.

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 10:49:42 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

B1ggles

Y, it's a real pain to try and work out what's failed and why.

I'm pretty sure my old Humax (Foxsat HDR) labelled them clearly. But then it did nearly everything better than my HDR-1010S

| Wed 9 Apr 2014 11:39:46 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.