My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Failed to record

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

My HDR1000 failed to record the following programs this weekend...
    Sunday BBC1HD/2HD F1 (Series linked)
    Sunday CH4HD Guy Martin (1 off)

I know the F1 got moved from BBC1 to BBC2 and at an earlier time but isn't the point of series link that it follows changed programs ?

The Guy Martin Vulcan program was a 1 off but failed to record despite it being in the planner. When viewing the program guide it showed the "R" symbol but wasn't recording.

Anyone else have this ?

Thanks

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 9:16:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Mine recorded Guy Martin without incident. No idea about F.1. as I don't record that.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 9:33:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Thanks. Must've been something odd with my box.
    The strange thing is it did think it was recording Guy Marin but it wasn't in the recordings list. When I tried to record manually it wouldn't let me, but I could "cancel recording" even though there didn't seem to be anything to cancel!

When these boxes work they're great, when they don't they're really annoying.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 10:57:23 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

dec - 11 minutes ago  » 
    The strange thing is it did think it was recording Guy Marin but it wasn't in the recordings list. When I tried to record manually it wouldn't let me, but I could "cancel recording" even though there didn't seem to be anything to cancel!

No you're not alone, Guy Martin's Vulcan programme failed on my 9200 and my friend's 9300 in a different location and transmitter. We picked them up on +1 though.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 11:10:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JungleMartin

My HDR-1000S failed to record the F1 race live broadcast yesterday too, much to my annoyance when I say down to watch it in the evening!

Presumably there is something more going on when it starts to record/tries, as it didn't record anything at all at the scheduled time. What I mean is, presumably there is something more going on than it just recording that channel at that time. Maybe waiting for some signal that the intended programme has started, so that it handles delayed programmes?

My planned recordings had it set to start at 12:10pm. And yes, that was set automatically via series link, so presumably the series link wasn't set up correctly for the moved transmission channel and time. However, how often does the box check for newly scheduled programmes from the same series?

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 11:22:40 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

My friend's 9300 had both the Tennis and F1 set to record yesterday, neither recorded. My 9200 had only F1 set to record but failed. iPlayer to the rescue.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 12:14:36 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

dec - 2 days ago  » 

Had exactly the same with mine, no F1 recording, ended up watching it live from lap 23 (boring race anyway)
    and noticed the GM Vulcan bomber (4HD) program wasn't recording about ten minutes in, eventually I got it to manually record just before the end of the first adverts. (Recorded the start on +1)
    I had set the Vulcan recording from the search menu, at the time I thought that might of caused the problem.

| Wed 2 Dec 2015 17:01:27 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

More failures this week.
    Coronation St on Wed (ITVHD) failed to record.
    The Apprentice on Wed (BBC1HD) only recorded the last 30 minutes.

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 12:16:30 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.