My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Failed to track programme

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

I've had no problems recording till recently when both BBC (1 or HD) Eastenders and ITV HD (Emmerdale) failed to record with this message. They were both OK on 11 October and not on the 10 or after 11 October. Holby City (BBC1 HD)was OK. Any ideas?

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 17:38:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tombar - 44 minutes ago  » 
    I've had no problems recording till recently when both BBC (1 or HD) Eastenders and ITV HD (Emmerdale) failed to record with this message. They were both OK on 11 October and not on the 10 or after 11 October. Holby City (BBC1 HD)was OK. Any ideas?

Is the box tuned correctly to a single transmitter?

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 18:23:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

Hi Martin,
    The simple answer is I've no idea (or how to do it). But nothing has changed in the last year or two when it has been working - I hadn't noticed it wasn't working, as I normally use Freesat on a Humax FOXSAT-HDR which packed up today, so I checked the Freeview recorder. I re-scanned for programmes today and it found 39 TV stations and told me to select only one region (is this what you mean?), which I did - waiting to see if it fails again tonight

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 18:41:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

tombar - 1 hour ago  » 

Are you saying that you got a "Failed to track programme" message with BBC 1 SD?

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 18:45:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

It was either BBC1 NE or BBC1 HD - I suspect HD, as Holby City was set to HD - I've deleted all the EastEnders ones, so can't be sure

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 19:32:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tombar - 59 minutes ago  » 
    I re-scanned for programmes today and it found 39 TV stations and told me to select only one region (is this what you mean?), which I did - waiting to see if it fails again tonight

If you are still getting failures then I would suggest a manual tune using the instructions at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 19:42:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

Tonight's recording of Emmerdale on ITV HD worked (first one for the last 8 days!). Any idea what causes these tracking failures when no settings have been changed?.

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 19:46:57 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

tombar - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Any idea what causes these tracking failures when no settings have been changed?.

The HD-FOX T2 will look out for the start of the programme from the same transmitter as you are currently watching. If the watched channel and the recording channel are from two different transmitters then this will confuse its logic.
    What has changed is what you were watching, or perhaps tonight you had it in full stand-by with no other recordings just prior to it or starting before it.

So even if it worked OK tonight the easiest safeguard is to follow Martin's advice.
    And then IF it happens again we can start to get worried!

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 20:03:20 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

I've not been watching any programmes on Freeview, only recording in case my Freesat recordings failed. Also, there have been no problems in recording the same programmes for a year or two with the same settings - is it likely the transmitters have changed in the last week?

If I've selected "South Lakes" after Automatic Search (39 channels reduced to 29), has this selected one transmitter? (I've no idea what selecting one transmitter means!)

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 20:38:20 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

tombar - 4 minutes ago  » 
    If I've selected "South Lakes" after Automatic Search (39 channels reduced to 29), has this selected one transmitter? (I've no idea what selecting one transmitter means!)

No it probably hasn't. You have asked it to but the Humax terrestrials don't always do what they are told to when it comes to tuning UNLESS you follow Martin's advice for how to tune in post #6.

First I would follow Martin's advice. Once you have done that then you could get decide whether or not you want to understand the technicalities behind why Martin's advice has almost certainly fixed your issue.

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 20:47:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.