My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Fast forward and rewind not smooth

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMiller

Having come from a sky q box where fastforward and rewind on recorded programs was smooth I am finding it not to be so on the Aura. It gets worse as I try to speed it up making it difficult to skip ads successfully etc. Is anyone else finding this or is it just me. Is there a setting I need to tweek?

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 7:25:05 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Can't say I found an issue with FF or RWD.

To move through adverts I use the skip function, set at 1 minute forward and 30 secs back. Options can be found in Settings, Record & Share, Instant Replay Time, Skip Forward Time.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 8:31:16 #2 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Hello Paul

Just to supplement Barry's answer the settings for this are under Record & Share in Playback Options. (See page 41 of the latest manual)

I personally use 15 sec Instant Replay Time and 120 sec Skip Forward. In my experience most advert breaks are either 2 or 4 minutes (one press or two). If you go too far the 15 sec back usually sorts it.

Another option is to use the up arrow ^ when playing and skip using the thumbnails which are at 10 sec intervals. I often use this in combination with the longer Skip Forward first. Note that Aura does remember what you last used to skip when watching a programme so if you use the thumbnails a down arrow is required first to use the longer skips again.

As a new forum member you are likely to be using the older public release software (from January if I remember correctly). There are a lot of fixes, improvements and new features which some of us forum members have been Beta testing with Humax over the last three months. Please be patient with any issues you may have as the next public update is due Mid-April according to other members in the know.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 12:16:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flowerpower

I agree with Paul on this. I find the rewind function very erratic. It does go backwards, but in erratic jumps. It's almost like it goes back 2 and then forward 1, but not in a consistent manner.
    I use the jump forward by 60 seconds and the thumbnails available when the up arrow is pressed, but sometimes you want plain old fast forward and rewind to track down a particular scene. Let's hope it's a bit smoother after the update.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 12:28:23 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It may be a holiday weekend, but no rest for Humax personnel

Comment just received from a programmer (thank you from me)

The current public software has crude FF / REW (trick modes), about 1 frame per second, while beta software can display more frames in higher speed, and more accurate positioning when user press “PLAY”.

So hopefully you will be pleased once software is released publically mid April.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 13:31:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dino_

Generally use the skip 2 mins forward, but if you push up, you can see a frame about every 10 seconds so can go to where you need to be as well

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 13:55:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

I'm hoping in any future update the in-play sound in FFWD 1.5x and 2.0x mode ("Pinky & Perky setting") won't get disabled as it's utterly hilarious & a feature almost worth the price of the box itself

I'm with David on the settings though, 15 seconds skip back & 2 minutes skip forward and the frame preview feature on the Aura is brilliant.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 15:26:26 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

andyd1302 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm hoping in any future update the in-play sound in FFWD 1.5x and 2.0x mode ("Pinky & Perky setting") won't get disabled as it's utterly hilarious & a feature almost worth the price of the box itself

I concur

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 17:10:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMiller

Thanks for the replys, looking firward to the update to see what difference it makes, I like the smooth forward and reverse on the q box, it makes it easy to get to the point in play you want to be. Apart from that niggle the box is really good.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 19:45:01 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.