My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Fault onscreen with broadband connection.

(31 posts)
  1. Gothamite

Gothamite

Hi all,
    Bit of an odd one this...
    I went to access the on demand service on my Humax only to be told i need to connect my box to broadband. Well it is. Physically anyway. My box is saying i am connected with an ethernet cable. But when i try to connect ftom the On Demand page i get s message saying i need to connect!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    EDIT:
    Just found i can access bbc iplayer from the red button. It works fine from there...It looks like the access from the On Demand page of the Humax is at fault.Also tried different cables etc...no.difference.

| Wed 9 Oct 2024 17:15:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chalkdust

Same here. Been trying to sort it for about an hour. Powered everything off and on again. Done factory reset. A bit relieved to hear I am not alone. Let's hope someone with more knowledge can help.

| Wed 9 Oct 2024 17:45:37 #2 |
  3. Gothamite

Gothamite

Just found i can access bbc iplayer from the red button. It works fine from there...It looks like the access from the On Demand page of the Humax is at fault...

| Wed 9 Oct 2024 17:51:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chalkdust

Yes, I have exactly the same situation as you described. Unfortunately I mainly use the On Demand service to watch YouTube. Ha ha. Hopefully, it will turn out to be something that can be resolved.

| Wed 9 Oct 2024 17:58:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Banburycross

I have the same problem just started today. I can't access any of the On Demand icons!!
    Screen keeps asking for me to log in, but I'm already logged in WiFi. I've done all the usual things in this situation.
    Has anyone resolved this yet please?

| Wed 9 Oct 2024 18:39:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Welshrobbo

I also have this same issue. Started today 9th October. It worked fine yesterday. On two different HDR 1100s boxes. One connected by Wi-Fi and 1 by Ethernet. I have since tried the red button and that does launch i player but it is very clunky compared to access for example to just restart from the TV guide. The boxes are connected to the internet, but trying to launch on demand it flashes that it is trying to connect then puts up the screen connect or show more information or cancel, then you just go around in circles as it then says it is connected. Can Humax give us @ fix??

| Wed 9 Oct 2024 22:25:29 #6 |
  7. Gothamite

Gothamite

I've contacted Humax support today.

I'll keep you all posted...

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 6:09:17 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spikycyclist

I spent 2 hours on with Vodafone technical support thinking it was their problem as I’ve just started using them, but I could still access via my old 3 4g broadband without issue. I wish I’d searched this forum first!
    I stumbled upon this:
    https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Humax-HB-1000S-Freesat-receiver-will-not-connect-to-iPlayer/td-p/2313784
    Looks like an identical issue from a year ago.

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 9:10:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveWales

Same problem as above Broadband all ok. On Demand telling me connected ok but going round in circle to connect to service.

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 9:47:19 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brigid

I have the same problem. Apparently this was a big problem in 2022 and took two weeks for Humax to fix a bug in their system.

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 10:32:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.