My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Favourites!!

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BLL

If you select FAVOURITES, it says I don't have any and to press OK on the channel. When I do, there is no favourites option!
    The useless manual doesn't even mention favourites!
    How can I select channels as favourites?
    God, this 1100S is complicated, compared to the Foxsat, from which I have upgraded!!

| Sat 15 Apr 2017 19:05:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Home/Settings/Right, Right, Right/Freesat Channels/Favourite Channels

Select your Favourites from the list.

To access Favourites you will always have to Guide/List/Up one
    You cannot access Favourites any other way.

| Sat 15 Apr 2017 19:16:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

"it says I don't have any and to press OK on the channel."

They probably mean highlight the channel logo in the guide and press OK which is another method of adding Channels to your favourites.

| Sun 16 Apr 2017 9:31:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BLL

Hi both, Thanks for the replies. Whoever designed the 1100's software isn't a patch on the one who designed the Foxsat! Fancy having misleading help prompts! Couple this with a poor, incomplete manual, which doesn't even mention favourites and Humax really seems to have lost its way!

| Sun 16 Apr 2017 9:51:42 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You are pointing the blame in the wrong direction. Humax have just implemented the freesat UI.

| Sun 16 Apr 2017 10:04:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Both Freesat (HDR1000/1010/1100) and Freeview (FVP4000) decided that they wanted to own the product and dictate how it evolved. They see revenue opportunities in this since they undoubtedly have a share in the profits from each device sold. Humax have been happy to adopt this business model of designing h/w to a spec supplied and populating it with s/w not of their ownership. Minimum effort for them and I'm guessing they are also making money from charging Freesat/Freeview for cleaning up the mess they regularly make. The UI in each case was designed as a generic s/w that could be populated on almost any device not just a PVR. Panasonic and others took up the Freesat-Freetime UI but have since dropped it I believe.
    All well and good except the end-user gets a poorly designed, and initially buggy, UI. It won't get any better if almost 5 years experience of Freesat is a model to be judged by.

| Sun 16 Apr 2017 11:31:08 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.