My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

File transfer Help!

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trooper78

I have a Humax 1000s with an USB external 1tb HDD receiving Freesat and an older Humax Foxsat HDDr 350gb also receiving Freesat.
    What I would like to know (and maybe the answer is “no way”) is there any way around this dire and draconian warning in the 1000s manual and being able to view the 1000s recordings on the Foxsat?;

“If you choose to record you will need to dedicate a USB Hard Drive for this. Therefore once the hard drive is formatted and paired to your box it won’t be able to play recorded content on other Freesat boxes or be used on computers. If you choose to reformat or unpair the USB Hard Drive from your box all your recordings will be wiped.”
    I known I cand transfer foxsat recording to USB flash drive.

Any helpful advice will be greatly welcomed.

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 15:26:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Your 1000s will likely play Foxsat-HDR SD recordings copied to usb and directly if you add the custom firmware to it and a DLNA server package. To use the usb route you will need to try a usb hub if there is only one usb port. There is no simple way to view the 1000S recordings on a Foxsat-HDR.

You could record them using a DVD recorder and then make the file compatible with the Foxsat using Raydons AV2HDR but it's a roundabout process. Much easier to make the 1000S recordings viewable remotely. You would ideally need a coax or network cable link to the remote point to do this either using a rf modulator or a hdmi splitter plus a pair of baluns (A second HDMI cable will work if it's not too far a run).

I watch my Foxsat-HDR recording using a HDR-1000S because it improves the picture.

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 15:47:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trooper78

Many thanks you've just confirmed what I thought.If I replace my Fox sat with an 1100s would that play the 1000s ext HDD via its USB port?

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 16:00:46 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trooper78 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Many thanks you've just confirmed what I thought.If I replace my Fox sat with an 1100s would that play the 1000s ext HDD via its USB port?

No - the recordings are encrypted with a key unique to the box.

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 17:11:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trooper78

Oh well thanks again, it is as I thought no easy solution.

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 17:31:39 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trooper78 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Oh well thanks again, it is as I thought no easy solution.

How far apart is the 1100S and Foxsat-HDR and can you run a thin network cable ? If so you can watch all the programmes recorded on the 1100S remotely in HD provided the remote TV is HD capable.

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 17:43:21 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.