My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Filezilla wont connect

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidslee

I thought I would try installing Filezilla on my wife's laptop, but I just got the same result, it won't connect.

I still believe that there is a problem with the user name: HumaxFTP or the Password 0000

I have tried changing the password but no luck.

| Thu 27 Jul 2017 19:40:24 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

davidslee - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I have just tried creating a password and without a password and neither works.

Barry can you help with this please.

Not much help as I do not usually use FileZilla..however

Just tried and it worked, all I did was to put the IP address of the FVP into host box and hit OK, ie no username, no password:

Status:Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

| Thu 27 Jul 2017 19:40:37 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidslee

Hi Barry,

I don't suppose you remember me, I was a member of your group years ago when I had a 9125? you helped me then too.

I just tried it without the Username and yes it accessed the 4000T, but it won't let me upload to any of the folders except the Download Folder.

Is there a way to change the settings on the other folders to be able to Write too?

| Thu 27 Jul 2017 19:58:54 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Barry,
    I don't suppose you remember me, I was a member of your group years ago when I had a 9125? you helped me then too.
    I just tried it without the Username and yes it accessed the 4000T, but it won't let me upload to any of the folders except the Download Folder.
    Is there a way to change the settings on the other folders to be able to Write too?

Imagine that's because the recording folders are themselves encrypted.

Don't expect the sort of access you can get on a HDR-Fox-T2. If you bought the 4000T expecting the same sort of access, that finished with the HDR=FOX-T2. Even the later boxes using the similar UI (1800T/2000T) have similar restrictions.

| Thu 27 Jul 2017 21:11:34 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Barry,

Don't expect the sort of access you can get on a HDR-Fox-T2. If you bought the 4000T expecting the same sort of access, that finished with the HDR-FOX-T2. Even the later boxes using the similar UI (1800T/2000T) have similar restrictions.

Basically you have the capability to import external content in a format the box can display to a folder (the download folder) that you can replay it from. At a guess you can replay from a usb drive as well.

There is little point in uploading content to the encrypted recording partitions. because without the associated sidecar support files the box will not be able to playback anyway.

The HDR-FOX-T2 support files (.nts and .hmt) are not supported and if present on a USB drive will confuse the box anyway. If you rename or delete these the box media player should replay these without issue for un-encrypted content.

Not clear what you are trying to achieve ?

What's a 9125 ? The first twin tuner Humax SD box was the 9200T, followed by the 9150T and the 9300T.

The first single tuner Freeview box was the 9800T.

| Thu 27 Jul 2017 21:12:11 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Concur...

Small typo I think Graham, first single tuner was 8000T.

| Thu 27 Jul 2017 21:46:51 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 7 minutes ago  » 

Concur...
    Small typo I think Graham, first single tuner was 8000T.

Correct - the first PVR I ever bought. Got rid of dozens of VHS cassettes and pages of notes to find recordings based on time codes. Happy Days

| Thu 27 Jul 2017 21:58:25 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.