1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

macaronipie - 35 mins ago  » 

brian - 5 hours ago  » 

macaronipie - 11 mins ago  » 

brian - 19 mins ago  » 

macaronipie - 1 hour ago  » 
    Noticed some of the submenus do not have the new red colour accent, still got the old grey accent.

The colour accent is Orange, not Red!

Oh for goodness sake Barry that is just a ridiculous statement to make whether it is red or orange does not answer why a set of submenus in Humax's own UI cannot match the theme of others doesn't make sense.
    When I go through the menus the colour of the highlighted menu item is a dark red colour and when pressed goes orange before it goes to the selected menu item.

You are replying to my comment, not one by Barry.

Ok but do check, the EPG is orange and the settings highlight/accent is definitely red/ dark red on my Aura.
    Whatever colour it does not answer why some submenus are still grey.

Well actually it is not OK, your crass comment was aimed at the wrong person.

and

I've already answered why the accent colour in some menus has not changed, the fact you did not like the answer, well tough.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 14:14:01 #21 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

This is a minor niggle I've noticed which I think has been around for awhile but here goes.

This may be by design but its not stated in the manual how the CH 'up arrow' and 'down arrow' remote buttons are supposed to work. It may seem obvious but it doesn't seem consistent depending where you use it.

1 Normal TV viewing:
    UP-Channel Number Increases, DOWN-Channel Number Decreases.

2 From Normal TV Viewing > Press Up Arrow Navigation button to bring up left side channel list:
    UP-Channel Number Decreases, DOWN-Channel Number Increases.

3 In the Guide:
    UP-Jumps down Channels, DOWN-Jumps Up Channels.

4 In Recordings:
    UP-Jumps up recordings list, DOWN-Jumps down recordings list.

It might sound a bit counterintuitive but I think the one that is inconsistent is number 1 and it should work the other way around, or at least have an option to set it that way.

The other explanation is that it just becomes an extended navigation button so the way it works is correct when in anything other than Live TV.....

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 14:22:22 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

cbren84 - 17 hours ago  » 
    Just need an official version of Netflix then the box will be complete!

Isn't the reason for lack of Netflix that Netflix only licences certain manufacturers and Humax isn't one of them?
    (Doesn't stop you desiring the feature though.)

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 15:34:19 #23 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

boogersa - 15 hours ago  » 
    Just like to say thank you Humax. This box is almost unrecognisable from the original version. So many new enhancements/improvements/fixes.

I would also like to say thank you to all the people who beta tested this update too. It's all working great so far!

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 15:34:53 #24 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Paul Bton - 10 mins ago  » 

Just like to say thank you Humax. This box is almost unrecognisable from the original version. So many new enhancements/improvements/fixes.

I would also like to say thank you to all the people who beta tested this update too. It's all working great so far!

As a Beta tester, thank you, it does demonstrate that forum groups like this in co-operation with a manufacturer can achieve great results. Using a technical product in the 'real-world' often brings up issues the manufacturer never thought of and being able to feed that back in a structured way has transformed the Aura in just over 6 months.

A bigger thank you should be to Barry for managing the whole process and keeping us all in-line.

I for one am looking forward to future enhancements. Let the testing continue.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 15:53:27 #25 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

davidrew - 1 hour ago  » 

Paul Bton - 10 mins ago  » 

A bigger thank you should be to Barry for managing the whole process and keeping us all in-line.
    I for one am looking forward to future enhancements. Let the testing continue.

Thank you for those kind words, appreciated.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 17:06:57 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveLloyd

Updated my box no problem last night. I notice from the release notes that one thing which is supposed to have been improved is juddering on the BBC IPlayer. I’ve noticed however, that with the live Euro football games in UHD on IPlayer that I still get a slightly juddering picture. This only happens with live UHD on IPlayer.. other on demand programs such as Blue Planet etc playback as smooth as silk in UHD. This was happening before the update so is not a new thing but doesn’t seem to have improved with the latest update at least on my TV (Sony XF9005). Has anybody else had similar issues ?? It’s not my internet speed by the way .. I get a solid 70mb download speed on the Aura.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 20:40:54 #27 |
  8. davidrew

davidrew

special member

DaveLloyd - 53 mins ago  » 
    Updated my box no problem last night. I notice from the release notes that one thing which is supposed to have been improved is juddering on the BBC IPlayer. I’ve noticed however, that with the live Euro football games in UHD on IPlayer that I still get a slightly juddering picture. This only happens with live UHD on IPlayer.. other on demand programs such as Blue Planet etc playback as smooth as silk in UHD. This was happening before the update so is not a new thing but doesn’t seem to have improved with the latest update at least on my TV (Sony XF9005). Has anybody else had similar issues ?? It’s not my internet speed by the way .. I get a solid 70mb download speed on the Aura.

I had a similar issue with my Panasonic 4K TV and oddly I found putting it in Game mode fixed the judder. From what I gather it is more reactive to faster moving objects.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 21:38:02 #28 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

davidrew - 17 secs ago  » 

I had a similar issue with my Panasonic 4K TV and oddly I found putting it in Game mode fixed the judder. From what I gather it is more reactive to faster moving objects in that mode.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 21:38:36 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveLloyd

davidrew - 30 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 17 secs ago  » 

I had a similar issue with my Panasonic 4K TV and oddly I found putting it in Game mode fixed the judder. From what I gather it is more reactive to faster moving objects in that mode.

Thanks for the suggestion however that hasn’t worked on my Sony unfortunately. It’s definitely only an issue on IPlayer on my Aura i.e fast moving hdr on Amazon prime or YouTube is fine and even on demand UHD programmes on IPlayer is fine it’s just the live football that seems to be causing an issue. This isn’t a problem on my tv’s inbuilt IPlayer App .. the Euro games on that in UHD HDR is completely smooth so defo an issue between my Aura and the TV and at the moment is my workaround so not a big issue.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 22:14:46 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.