My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Firmware re-installation

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nards_man

Can anyone clarify how to reload the Firmware onto an HB-1000s Freesat box?
    I've extracted and copied the file (“hb1000s_upgrade.hdf”) onto three different Fat32 USB sticks, but none are recognised by the re-installation process.

The Humax web-site says "Press and hold the Channel DOWN button/arrow on your set top box and at the same time switch it back on at the mains."
    But the set top box has no channel buttons. Holding the Channel DOWN button on the Remote Control has no effect.

I want to reinstall earlier firmware temporarily because of a number of strange issues, including the remote control "not working" until the HDD is removed.
    I'm aware that is a known issue, but it's not the only one I've observed, so want to go back to basics to rule out corruption of the code.
    (The box already runs V3.00.31 from March 16, so can't force an upgrade that way).

Thanks

| Wed 17 Aug 2016 21:39:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

nards_man

Problem solved!!

The installation instructions should say...

"Press and hold the STANDBY button on your set top box and at the same time switch it back on at the mains."

For some reason this repeatedly failed when installing from a 16GB USB stick, but worked when same file was loaded via an older 2GB version.

"Ours not to reason why" - but hopefully this info will be of use to someone

| Wed 17 Aug 2016 23:07:38 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Press and hold the standby button (on the front of the unit) that should be for a HB1000S

| Wed 17 Aug 2016 23:07:42 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.