My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

First Impressions -

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozz

Firstly let me say, I really want this product to do well and I understand it's brand new. Already I prefer it to the Manhatten 4k box.

So please take this as intended.

Pros
    - Much faster than the Manhatten box.
    - Love the Android TV interface.
    - Chromecast support is amazing.
    - Look forward to plugging in a USB stick and using Kodi.
    - Google assistant.
    - Feels more premium than the Manhattan

Cons
    - I had to use the provided HDMI cable, when I've just switched from a 4K box as my old one didn't work, but the supplied cable is pretty short, so my box is currently on top of my TV cabinet rather than inside. Some advice on the cable spec would be good, or provide a longer one.
    - My5 doesn't come up in the Freeview search (or the kids app)
    - I can't get the remote to sync to my Bravia. HDMI CEC is ok, but the volume control is poor and is slow on startup
    - If I press the power button on the remote, the previous TV channel is displayed until the box powers up, and even when it does, it's blank for about 5 seconds. Probably 10 seconds in all. And in the meantime the sound is pretty loud (as the box has a low max sound output)
    - No Netflix and I can't cast it from my phone either.
    - The apps on the home screen have reset my preferences.. I hope that was just a one time thing.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 11:16:37 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ozz - 5 mins ago  » 
    Firstly let me say, I really want this product to do well and I understand it's brand new. Already I prefer it to the Manhatten 4k box.
    Pros

- Google assistant.
    Cons
    - I had to use the provided HDMI cable, when I've just switched from a 4K box as my old one didn't work, but the supplied cable is pretty short, so my box is currently on top of my TV cabinet rather than inside. Some advice on the cable spec would be good, or provide a longer one.
    - I can't get the remote to sync to my Bravia. HDMI CEC is ok, but the volume control is poor and is slow on startup
    - If I press the power button on the remote, the previous TV channel is displayed until the box powers up, and even when it does, it's blank for about 5 seconds. Probably 10 seconds in all. And in the meantime the sound is pretty loud (as the box has a low max sound output)
    - The apps on the home screen have reset my preferences.. I hope that was just a one time thing.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 11:24:12 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 min ago  » 

Ozz - 5 mins ago  » 
    Pros

You need one specced at 18Gbps

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgraded-AviBrex-Supports-Compatible-PC-Grey-Grey/dp/B089G4QXYB/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&tag=blusas008-21&keywords=2M+18gGbps+HDMI+cable&qid=1605349424&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRjgzMVcxQjlUU1ZCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDAwMjgzMThVTU5LNTFFMUVUSiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDg5NTI5M0kzVTBITDM0NzRGTiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

- Google assistant.
    Cons

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 11:25:52 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.