My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

First Issues

(3 posts)
  1. x6tus

x6tus

Ok as a software developer and gadget freak I'm used to the early adoption of new technology and the various issues that may arise because of this. My HUMAX has been fine for the first couple of weeks but this weekend two issues have occurred.

Firstly half-way through Merlin I hit record so I could have dinner and watch it later. The drop down banner confirmed it started recording.
    About an hour later I brought up the recordings menu but there was no Merlin to be found I checked to see if it was still recording but no it wasn't. Hopefully this will be sorted in the next software update.

My second problem is more worrying. My HUMAX is connected to my surround amp via a digital optical cable. Over the weekend a lot of crackling, popping and static like sound has started coming from all my speakers. At first I thought it was interference from another device but I systematically ruled this out.
    Next I presumed it was my amp but again I tested the same input with another device and there was no problem. Then I thought it would be the cable. I swapped it out for another cable that was working perfectly with another device but this was as bad. I noticed as I removed/replaced the cable from the HUMAX the noise intensified. So to me it appears that something is wrong with HUMAX digital optical connection.
    I've switched now to a pair of stereo leads and no surround sound and all is fine.
    My gut feeling is that this is more likely to be a hardware issue/not solveable by a software update.

So before I get in touch with HUMAX I wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience?

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 19:59:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My S/Pdif toslink cable is connected to a pair of Sony Surround sound cordless phones with it's own ac3 decoder. No issues, the HDMI is connected to a Denon AV amp. again no problems.

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 20:19:36 #2 |
  3. x6tus

x6tus

Looks like it was a faulty unit. Received a replacement unit yesterday and all is working perfectly again now.

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 21:50:52 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.