My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Flashing screen for approx 1min on start up

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

don't know about catch 22, more like pot luck.
    I have a list of hdmi over the years, sony ps3, western digital media players, tablets, kindle, philips pvr, raspberry pi, samsung blu-ray, PC's, media centres, netbooks, stuff I've forgotten about, etc. etc. and all have worked flawlessy regards HDCP with my setup
    The only hdmi device that hasn't is Humax and when it doesn't it's a nightmare!
    Humax either apply HDCP too stringently or they're missing something that all the other manufacturers seem to get right.

Humax seem to have their fingers in a lot of pies around the world and it's clear that the UK market just isn't important enough to them anymore.

My guess is, factory resetting and choosing 1080i if possible on initial install will fix the OP's (original poster's) HDCP problem. If not there's sure to be a different work around

| Thu 4 Sep 2014 23:57:18 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

parsonsp

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. I tried plugging the 1000S using hdmi for picture and optical for sound, but again had the same issue. Interestingly, when I did this the hdmi output resolution wasn't selectable and was set to 1080p.

I wanted to avoid plugging directly into the TV and although the logitech harmony remote is a great idea, it would be an additional expense I didn't really want.

I tried a factory reset this morning and it defaults to 1080i and the issue was the same.

I've decided just to return it to Amazon as I'm within the time frame that I can do that. I'm disappointed, because I like the box and I've been very pleased with the Humax foxsat, but I don't really feel like I want to compromise this time. I have heard there is a Manhattan box coming soon with freetime, so I may try that when it is launched.

Thanks again for all your help, it was very much appreciated.

| Fri 5 Sep 2014 8:56:16 #12 |
  3. Freetime

Freetime

I have the same problem along with not being able to pause or rewind and the box restarts for no reason.

I spoke with CS this morning and they recommended connecting with a Scart, then altering to 576 and leaving for a while before reconnecting the HDMI and changing back to 1080i.

As for the other problems I need to do a Format.

I asked if there were any firmware updates in the pipeline to resolve these issues. The guy said any updates come from Freesat, so washed his hands of it.

For me this is just not good enough! After 3 incarnations of Humax boxes I am finally going to jump ship. Not sure what to though at the moment.

| Fri 5 Sep 2014 10:53:31 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.