My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Fluctuating volume level

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaylew

I have recently upgraded to the HDR 1000S and have a problem with fluctuating volume levels on some channels. Signal strength is good. Have tried adjusting tv volume but made no difference. Seems to change volume when tv picture changes ? But also changes randomly when listening to music on radio stations.
    Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem.?

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 14:15:10 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Some channels occasionally use a sound format that is encoded with the HDMI signal and is therefore controlled by the decoding device (AMP, TV).
    You can prevent this by changing one of the audio settings from Multi-channel to Stereo.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 15:22:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaylew

Hi,thanks for the info , I will try that. I also wondered if the HDMI cable might be at fault as this has caused problems in the past.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 15:37:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaylew

I have reset the audio output to Stereo and thought that had solved the problem, but today I see it is still fluctuating, not constantly, just occasionally. I will try another HDMI lead just in case . I know some cheaper leads are not reliable.

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 10:26:16 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Could be the HDMI lead, although I would be surprised if it were.
    I get a very slight fluctuation across channels, the difference between setting the Humax volume at 40 vs 42 to 45 (with the TV constant). I put it down to the sound mix on the particular channel.

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 11:33:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaylew

I have and still am experimenting with volume levels on the Humax and TV as this seemed to have some effect in the past. I will persevere. Thanks for your input.

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 11:56:09 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.