My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

foxsast HDR HDMI problem

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bargee

Just had to buy a new TV (samsung) and it will not 'talk' to the foxsat by HDMI. I just get a green screen with audio that lasts a few seconds before that too turns off. Strangely it worked for a few days though with a poor picture quality with little saturation.
    I have managed to get things going by using a scart cable which has improved the picture and at least works. I tried updating the box firmware though the last update seems to be July 2012 (can that possibly be correct?)Also tried a factory reset, new HDMI cable,
    Is there any way of updating the HDMI software so that it will talk to a modern TV?.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 15:15:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. You have the latest firmware (1.00.21). Try a different HDMI port on the TV.

If that doesn't work press the vformat button to cycle through the different output resolution settings.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 15:29:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bargee

Thanks for the suggestions but I get exactly the same result using either HDMI socket on the TV and all resolutions,although the shade of green is slightly darker on one of the resolutions.

I once swore I would never buy anything Samsung again after getting a very expensive laptop that never worked properly and on which the guarantee was useless. Now I'm swearing again!

I'm now going to try going down the route of separate audio and video cables to see if that will work.

| Sun 5 Mar 2017 10:06:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bargee

I now have TV and DVD working off the foxsat but only by going back to 2x old fashioned scart cables. I see that someone else on the forum mentions problems after getting a Samsung TV.
    It seems to me that there appear to be different types/levels of HDMI rather like USB which is now USB3 and that Samsung have gone with some new version of HDMI that it it is not backward compatible.

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 14:10:41 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.