My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR Locking-up

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 
    There are some chipsets used on USB sticks that the foxsat has problems with. Not found one myself I have 3 different ones and they all work. Best advice try another one.

With regard the USB memory sticks there have been many reports of users having difficulty finding a memory stick that works with the HDR. AFAIK the Humax documentation recommends a stick of 1GB or less, but such small capacity sticks are becoming like 'hens teeth'. The link below provides information regarding readily available USB sticks that are known to work OK.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1644742
    [url=http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1644742][/url]

| Sat 7 Apr 2012 10:15:15 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Googlewack

Chrissaf,

Thanks for the info. I've now found a 1GB USB that works!
    I have (after some trial & error with the files) managed to upgrade my loader software to ver 7.54 & my operating software to ver .20

Thanks to all for your assistance.

VBRGDS,

John

| Sat 7 Apr 2012 13:27:18 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Seulnom

Hi
    Very new to this forum and just bought a Foxsat HDR
    Am getting the EPG Freeze problem and there are many posts on the web referring to this.
    The BETA download referred to above - does this specifically fix the Freeze problem?
    I seem to be able to make it freeze by hitting the page down and arrow keys repeatedly while it is downloading the program information - as if its a buffer overload while its waiting.
    Many Thanks
    Mike

| Sat 7 Apr 2012 13:43:09 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes it does -
    Humax description:
    • Resolved rebooting issue relating to bad sectors on the HDD
    • Hang-up improvements

It is expected (by me anyway) that this will be transmitted over the air shortly after the 11th or 12th.

| Sat 7 Apr 2012 17:19:15 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Googlewack

Hi Seulnom,

I did the upgrade yesterday & last night was the first time in ages that I had no lock-ups, so seems to be the fix.

I have added the process I used below (I'm no expert!) Some steps are not mentioned / explained in the Humax instructions. Hope this helps......

If you have a USB stick that works:

1. Download new ops software 1.00.20 from Humax Beta.

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd/Foxsat-HDR_1.00.20.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

2. Un zip the file. This will give you a new folder. Open this new folder, it has two files inside, 1 text file you can delete. The other file rename: FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf

3. Copy just this file onto you USB stick.

4. Put machine in standby. Insert USB. Press & hold front power/sby button in for 30sec. You should see download page on tv screen before the 30sec are up. Once screen says download successful. Turn off power using main power switch on back of machine. Remove USB stick. Turn on power at back on machine. Wait approx 60sec. Now press power/sby button on front as normal. Machine should boot-up.

Cheers,

Googlewack

| Sun 8 Apr 2012 11:52:58 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.