My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat-Hdr playback difficulties

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barleycorn15

I have an old Humax Foxsat-HDR which has worked well for ages. A few days ago, I tried to playback some media content and found that only single recordings were available. All the series recordings were not listed, although from disc content were still there. How to sort this? If I factory reset, will I lose these series recordings?

| Tue 20 Sep 2022 14:23:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Lots of scheduled programmes in the last fortnight did not get broadcast at the expected time (or even at all) with the EPG not always being updated. This may have caused missed recordings.

What do you mean by 'media content' ? Recorded programmes or something else ?

Not sure what this means

"All the series recordings were not listed, although from disc content were still there."

Regarding Factory Reset, the manual says "Warning: Please note that once you perform Factory Reset, all data such as the antenna setting information, channel list and all user configured data will be deleted."

Never needed to do it but I understand recordings are not deleted.

| Wed 21 Sep 2022 12:02:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barleycorn15

Sorry I didn't make it clear. The series recordings, such as "Granchester", I was trying to access were recorded over the last 2 years or so and had always been listed as well as the single recordings. Now, only the single recordings of programmes from the last 2 years or so are listed.

| Wed 21 Sep 2022 17:04:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Are you saying that recordings you think should be saved in Series folders don't get listed when you select their folder but you can still see one off recordings listed in the top level 'Video' folder ?

Do the Series folders still have the numbers in brackets against their names ?

When you say "All the series recordings were not listed, although from disc content were still there." - How are you determining recordings are there if they aren't listed ?

Do you have custom firmware installed ?

Have you changed anything ? Like trying moving recordings about using the File Manager on the remote ?

How full is the disk ? (the blue bar and % number against HDD on upper right of of the media screen)

How many single recordings are listed ?

sorry for all the questions.

| Wed 21 Sep 2022 18:47:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barleycorn15

I cannot see the series video folders in the top level video recordings list, only the one off recordings.
    As I can’t see the series folders, I cannot see the numbers of recordings in each folder which are normally in brackets.
    The disc is about 73% full and it has remained the same before and after the fault appeared. Hence I assume the series are still there.
    I do not have custom firmware installed.
    Before the fault appeared, I hadn’t changed anything. I tend to just select a video and watch it.
    There are 71 single recordings listed.

I think that answers all your questions. If not, please let me know what else I can tell you. Thank you for your interest.

| Thu 22 Sep 2022 10:14:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

I've searched back a few years and found a couple of other posts that suggest others have had similar problems, although they don't distinguish between Series folders and one-off recordings.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/foxsat-not-reading-hdd-contents
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/media-list-missing

Unfortunately neither has a conclusive fix but repassac's suggestion is worth a go (if you've not already tried it).

A couple of other things you could try are
    1) invoke the 'File Manager' by pressing OPT+ when on the Video Media screen. I doubt that will show anything, but worth a try just to see if it can list the missing files.
    2) check the contents of the radio, music & photos folders using the coloured buttons just to see.

If none of those work (and without custom firmware) my suggestion would involve removing the disk from the HDR and connecting it to a linux computer.

Let us know.

Dino.

| Thu 22 Sep 2022 12:14:44 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.