My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

foxsat-hdr scheduled programs no longer record

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lars_hesselgren

A few weeks ago my Foxsat-hdr schedule recordings no longer record. I have tidied up the schedule, but no luck. The other day tried to record Sherlock and an ITV programme. Got the red signals saying they were recording, but no sign on hard drive.
    Is the gard drive wrong somehow? Previous recordings still play.

| Sat 21 Jan 2017 18:45:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Can you pause live TV?
    Can you record on demand, i.e. press the record button and it starts recording?
    If no to either, have you rebooted the Foxsat, i.e. shut it down and powered off. If not try this first and then try pausing live TV etc.
    Welcome to the forum

| Sat 21 Jan 2017 19:29:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

patersogs

Hi,
    I have the same issue although it appears to be related to upgrading to the latest version of Raydon's firmware. I've been through various things including checking the "owner" on the Video folder and running the disk management utility but I haven't found any significant errors yet. I next plan to check the LNB connections and if that doesn't turn anything up then possibly to wipe the HDD and start again. I'm reluctant to do so though as there's a few files I'll need to transfer to another disk. It would be brilliant if someone had produced a troubleshooter for failure to record scheduled programmes as I can see a few threads related to this issue.

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 16:01:43 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Does the box replay existing Recordings OK ?
    How much space have you left on the Hard Disk ?
    Can you live pause viewing TV ?
    What does diagnostics say your signal strength and quality is for both tuners (with no recordings in progess) and how many cables are connected ?

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 16:22:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

patersogs

The box replays No problem
    There is 20% on the HDD
    I can pause while viewing live TV
    Diagnostics reports 100% strength, 100% quality on 1st LNB, only one LNB is connected.

I'm currently re-tuning as I haven't done that since I upgraded to Raydon's 4.1.3

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 19:05:17 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patersogs - 50 seconds ago  » 
    The box replays No problem
    There is 20% on the HDD
    I can pause while viewing live TV
    Diagnostics reports 100% strength, 100% quality on 1st LNB, only one LNB is connected.
    I'm currently re-tuning as I haven't done that since I upgraded to Raydon's 4.1.3

Might be a clue here. Have you installed the loop cable from RF1 out to RF2 in ? For correct single cable working the second tuner needs to be fed from the single cable via the loop and you should get readings for both. How many cables does signal diagnostics say you have ?

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 19:09:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

patersogs

Hi,
    Thanks - I have just (made and) fitted a loop cable. I will give it a whirl now and see if that helps then will come back on the signal diagnostics.

-Update-

Signal diagnostics now shows
    Tuner 1 - 90% Strength, 100% Quality
    Tuner 2 - 85% Strength, 100% Quality

----

OK - The schedule shows that my program is recording. When I go to look in the Video directory there is an .hmt an .nts and a .ts but the .nts and .ts have 0 length. When the scheduled program is "finished" all 3 files disappear.

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 19:46:03 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patersogs - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi,
    Thanks - I have just (made and) fitted a loop cable. I will give it a whirl now and see if that helps then will come back on the signal diagnostics.
    -Update-
    Signal diagnostics now shows
    Tuner 1 - 90% Strength, 100% Quality
    Tuner 2 - 85% Strength, 100% Quality
    ----
    OK - The schedule shows that my program is recording. When I go to look in the Video directory there is an .hmt an .nts and a .ts but the .nts and .ts have 0 length. When the scheduled program is "finished" all 3 files disappear.

Is your box set up in single cable mode, check number of cables in signal diagnostics ? If it says two do a reset to factory defaults.

When Channel 4 first went fta the same thing happened (zero length .nts files)

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 20:59:34 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

patersogs

Wow. It worked, many thanks graham. I take it a factory reset is required if I decide to go back to twin LNB mode?

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 21:56:28 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patersogs - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Wow. It worked, many thanks graham. I take it a factory reset is required if I decide to go back to twin LNB mode?

Certainly the easiest way, though you can also use the hidden menus to switch between modes. The CF has no influence on the single/dual cable mode.

See

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 22:16:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.