My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR - Sony Soundbar - LG TV

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

navman2

Hello all. Complete novice here. Fixing up an environment with an LG TV which has an HDMI ARC port and just purchased a Sony sound bar with an ARC/eARC HDMI port so planning to connect them directly via an HDMI cable. However I will be watching stations on the TV through an HDMI cable to a spare HDM port from the ancient HUMAX HDR FOXSAT satellite box I own. Foxcsat of course doesn't mention ARC. Will the sound sent from the satellite box to the TV via a non-ARC HDMI port on the TV then be routed out to the sound bar through connection I will make to the HDMI ARC port? If this works will I lose any benefits of this ARC feature i.e. single controller use because I am not relying of the TV for its picture and sound source?

The reverse is I suppose to directly connect the FOXSAT to the Soundbar but then will my TV pictures be forwarded to the TV from the ARC connection that will be in place? Hope I haven't confused. Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

NB there is also optical ports on both Sound bar and TV.

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 20:43:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Humax (and other devices) into the TV.
    TV out (via the arc port) into the soundbar.
    Make sure that Simplink (hdmi-cec) and Auto power sync are enabled (in the connection settings) on the TV.

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 20:58:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

navman2

Cheers SSThing, will give it a go. Thanks for your fast reply.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 11:17:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

navman2

Hello again SSThing. My Sony Sound bar setup instructions say plug the Foxsat into the Sound bar then connect the Sound bar to the TV through the ARC ports. Does this matter as it differs from your guidance? Perhaps I am missing something i.e. sound quality by configuring the way Sony documents this? Thanks in advance.

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 13:36:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Either should work but my version means that whatever is connected to the TV can be viewed/heard without having the soundbar turned on all the time (unless the soundbar supports both audio and video passthrough in standby).

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 14:01:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

navman2

OK gotcha! Was wondering if the sound options/quality might be impacted. Thanks again.

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 16:28:42 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.