andyfras

Yes, a bit pricey though.

| Fri 9 Sep 2016 14:37:41 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

F 3rR8ee - 2 hours ago  » 
    I've found this which I can buy easily in spain:
    http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/p/seagate-pipeline-hd-1tb-ce-int3-5in-5900-10104288
    Would it be OK?
    Peter

That should be fine. If you buy a USB sata drive cradle and put your old drive in it you may be able to open the video folder in SDA3, with it connected to one of the Foxsat-HDR usb drive ports. If you can you have 2 options.

1 Copy the files to your new HDD

2 Replay the recordings directly via usb.

The box will auto set up a 1TB drive for you, however there is a problem I just thought of. Without access to the home transponder you won't be able to set up the box as you can't get past the postcode check. You really need a friend in the UK or with access to 28.2E to initialise the disk.

| Fri 9 Sep 2016 17:10:19 #12 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The cost of the drive in post #10 isn't too bad; the 1TB ones are not as good value as the 2TB drives. Since the pound took a hit a couple of months ago, anything priced in euros is a bit dearer than it used to be.
    One thing to note is that the new drive is probably advanced format. The Foxsat HDR will format it but it might not align it. In any case, it will work but an unaligned AF disk will be less efficient and not last as long as a properly aligned one. Presumably the disk can be formatted using a PC rather than the Foxsat. If you don't have access to a PC running Linux, you could boot from a GParted live CD on a Windows PC and format it.

| Fri 9 Sep 2016 21:05:28 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

F 3rR8ee

Many thanks for all your helpful, and well informed, comments. I'm amazed how much expertise there is out there. I greatly appreciate your time, trouble and effort in helping me.

Peter

| Sat 10 Sep 2016 13:40:17 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.