My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR - Tuner/Signal Issue - Fixed!

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Alexpearce I think you have fallen foul of the recent botched change of the forward error settings on the BBC-HD channels that royally screwed up the newer G2 boxes.

You Foxsat-HDR should have been immune, but only if if you do put your Foxsat-HDR in standby overnight. This box wakes up overnightto download these sort of changes (housekeeping boot). If you don't put the box in sby every night your problems were self inflicted. I remember Repassac didn't boot his G2 box till after Freesat corrected the problem so never saw the issue. As I leave my Foxsat-HDR in low power sby every night it it had no issues but my G2 box reported no signal. It was the fact that my Foxsat-HDR had no issues lead to the reason for the problem. Well reported on here.

There was nothing basically wrong with your Foxsat-HDR other than the fact it missed the required transponder database update.

Is your Foxsat-HDR put in sby overnight ? If not why not ?

If it's not you will lose channels that move transponder progressively

| Wed 21 Nov 2018 21:08:01 #11 |
  2. andyfras

andyfras

Troubledshooter - 22 hours ago  » I followed the advice above regarding the disconnect of the HHD with no effect whatsoever, so I'm back to square one as I know of nobody who repairs Humax Freesat HDR's and have found no one who seems to know much about them.

I've replaced the PSU capacitors on several of these. They can often fail without showing any sign of bulging.

| Thu 22 Nov 2018 15:39:38 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

redcheeks186

Had the same problem did as described ...all works!! thanks a lot. Just wondering if all pro. installer know this, before selling you a new one?

| Thu 20 Jun 2019 19:29:03 #13 |
  4. andyfras

andyfras

I've just acquired one of these through our local Freegle group. According to its previous owner, the symptoms were a failed HDD.

It was very dirty inside, but once I'd cleared out all the dust and cat hairs, I set about testing the ESR of the mainboard capacitors. I found 17 that were well out of specification, 9 x 10uF @ 50V, 3 x 100uF @ 16V, 2 x 47uF @ 50V, 220 @ 16V, 100uF @ 25V, and 1uF @ 50V. I replaced them all, hoping that the HDD would burst back into life, but no such luck, so I replaced that too.

All is now working as it should.

| Tue 25 Jun 2019 15:29:20 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaxfan

Big thank you Alexis,
    Had the same problem, unplugged the data and power for the HD from the motherboard, powered up, working fine, powered off and replace the power and data cable, everything including the HD working normally.

| Sun 30 Apr 2023 19:14:42 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.