My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

FoxSat, media list

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

I am all for updates, if that means up, i.e. better. My FoxSat seems to have updated and now ongoing recordings are no longer listed in the media list, which is worse. They used to be shown, so that I could start watching them while still recording. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:43:16 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There hasn't been a software update for years for the Foxsat-hdr. The media list doesn't show future recordings only ones currently recording or already recorded. The schedule button shows future scheduled recordings.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 12:04:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

Ted - 27 minutes ago  » 
    I am all for updates, if that means up, i.e. better. My FoxSat seems to have updated and now ongoing recordings are no longer listed in the media list, which is worse. They used to be shown, so that I could start watching them while still recording. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

First, my FoxSat seems to do some updating, from time to time (the clock is on and when I switch it on, it suggests it is updating). That's why I thought, something in the software has changed. Because, the media list no longer shows current recordings.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 12:14:20 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ted - 9 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 27 minutes ago  » 

First, my FoxSat seems to do some updating, from time to time (the clock is on and when I switch it on, it suggests it is updating). That's why I thought, something in the software has changed. Because, the media list no longer shows current recordings.

The box wakes up overnight but not to update the software just changes made by broadcasters otherwise you would lose channels that move transponders. The last update to the software took place in 2012.

at 03:00 to be precise

Custom Firmware : v 4.1.3
    Web Interface : v 2.88
    Last housekeeping boot : Mon Oct 29 03:00:17 GMT 2018

See this thread.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps/page/80?quote=68777#postform

The Media list has never shown future recordings only ones that have already recorded or are actually recording at the time you display the list. The schedule button as it's name suggests shows your recording schedule.

Tune to a channel say 106 and press the instant record button. If you press media you should see the recording you just started at the top of the list.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 12:28:36 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

These are the Media list and Schedule as shown in the Web Interface using the custom firmware for the Foxsat-HDR

Attachments

1. Schedule.jpg (277.3 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    2. Media.jpg (387.8 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    | Mon 29 Oct 2018 12:40:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

grahamlthompson - 13 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 9 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 27 minutes ago  » 

The box wakes up overnight but not to update the software just changes made by broadcasters otherwise you would lose channels that move transponders. The last update to the software took place in 2012.
    See this thread.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps/page/80?quote=68777#postform
    The Media list has never shown future recordings only ones that have already recorded or are actually recording at the time you display the list. The schedule button as it's name suggests shows your recording schedule.
    Tune to a channel say 106 and press the instant record button. If you press media you should see the recording you just started at the top of the list.

Thanks for the info, I now know what is happening when my FoxSat seems to be awake. That is not overnight though, but in daytime (otherwise I would not have noticed), when it has no signal. As I said in my original post: ongoing recordings are no longer listed in the media list. That is, programmes that are actually being recorded, at that moment in time.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 12:45:43 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ted - 11 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 9 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 27 minutes ago  » 

See this thread.

Thanks for the info, I now know what is happening when my FoxSat seems to be awake. That is not overnight though, but in daytime (otherwise I would not have noticed), when it has no signal. As I said in my original post: ongoing recordings are no longer listed in the media list. That is, programmes that are actually being recorded, at that moment in time.

The box wakes up 15 minutes before a series accurate recording is due to start to watch for the broadcaster signal that the programme has started. That's completely normal. It's how the accurate recording system works.

If the start and stop times are set to auto this engages accurate recording.

The media list only shows content actually on your hard disk which includes partially recorded programmes still recording. You can play these back in the usual way from the beginning up to the point they have recorded (chasing playback)

The schedule button shows details of future recordings that haven't yet started so there is nothing on the hard disk yet to display. This data is not on the hard disk but in the boxes Non Volatile RAM (NVRAM). If you change the hard disk on a Foxsat the recording schedule is not affected.

Did you try starting a recording as I suggested and then pressing media

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 13:00:32 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

After starting a instant recording wait about 35 secs before pressing Media.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 13:16:24 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ted - 1 hour ago  » 

Ted - 9 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 27 minutes ago  » 

See this thread.

Ted can you respond to the similar thread you started as the answer you give could be relevant to this one

ie tune to channel 999 and confirm you can view 999. If you can leave for 10 mins or so then

press schedule and then press red

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/freesat-programme-information

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 14:09:46 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.