My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

FoxT2 only responds to Wrong Remote

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

This has me flumoxed I bought a "faulty" fox T2 that was not responding to the remote, fully expecting it to be tuned to a different channel from its remote (You can choose between six), but I found that when I tried each of the channels in turn none operated the unit, You can see the remote sender flash in a digital camera screen. I have anumber of different remotes and I found that the one for the Humax HDR 2000 (RM-109U) works the Fox T2 and I used it to change the channels to try the original remote on each remote channel in turn
    Anyway I bought a new Fox T2 remote (RM-F04) and found that it will not work the Fox T2 either and it also flashes on my camera so does work and both the fox T2 remotes work with another Fox T2, so I know they work
    Can anyone give any explanation of why the unit will respond to a remote from an HDR 2000 (RM-109U) remote but will not respond to the correct one and any suggestions would be much appreciated
    Thanks mactoshb

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 13:44:14 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Welcome to the forum - The FAQ's offer some insight on this subject.
    See: https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 14:54:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Hi, thanks for the reply, unfortunately As you will see in my original posting, I tried to change the channels using both the old and brand new remote, the machine responded to neither.
    I did change the channels to all the 6 available, from 1 to 6 using a remote for a HDR 2000 model ( Fm-109U) which seems to work virtually all the functions on the Fox T2 machine but neither the old or brand new RM-F04 that is supplied with the Fox T2 will get a response from any button at all.
    Thanks again, mactoshb

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 16:34:08 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Does the RM-F04 remote with the HDR-2000?

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 16:53:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I do not presently have a 2000, but I bought one the other night that should answer your question in due course when it arrives in a day or two,
    But I just tried the RM-F04 with an HDR 1800T and the RM-F04 did not work with it.
    The 1800 does not use the same remote as the 2000 though.
    I will answer your question when the 2000 I bought arrives
    Thanks, mactoshb

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 17:37:04 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

REPASSAC - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Does the RM-F04 remote with the HDR-2000?

Yes it should and the 1800T - just tried both units with a RM-F04

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 17:47:16 #6 |
  7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

This is odd because the codesets (1 to 6) on the HDR-FOX are the same as the HDR-2000T. Does the HDR-FOX remote work if it is very close to the unit? All I can think is that the ir receiver in the HDR-FOX is not working well and for some reason the signal from the HDR-2000T remote is more powerful?

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 19:37:34 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

The remotes I had did not work the T2 even held up against the front of it , nor 6 inches from it, but I received another RM-F04 remote in the post this morning and it is working the Fox T2 on all six channels but the origuinal two don't no matter what channel I set iot on using the latest remote it looks like you might be right and they had weak signals. I am going to break the seal on the Fox and check that the I/R Receiver is in its proper position. it certainly works as it should with the latest remote and it works all functions as far as I can see, so thanks to all that responded,
    mactoshb

| Wed 7 Sep 2016 10:03:54 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Install the Custom Firmware and try the Web Interface remote control. You can test all 6 modes to find out which mode the box is set to rspond to.

| Wed 7 Sep 2016 11:05:58 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Hi, In answer to Repassac who asked if the RM-04 works the 2000T, the answer is yes, I got my Faulty 2000T this morning and after a software update it is up and running and The RM-04 does work it.

| Thu 8 Sep 2016 14:38:57 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.