My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freesat 1010s - on demand interface not working

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rchatwin

My on demand function worked fine for the first few weeks but has now stopped working. If I select the on demand function all I get is a blank screen where previously I had been shown a selection of on demand services: I player, itv player etc. I then saw on another post that channel 901 is I player, 903 is itv player etc. if I select one of these channel numbers then I can successfully view on demand content.

I have done a factory reset plus a power off reset but nether have any impact

Anyone with any thoughts or solutions for this?

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 19:53:47 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

If you've got a USB stick/flash drive then you could try this reset file in the following link.
    Just download the HDR 1000s file at the bottom and follow instructions http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 20:22:52 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rchatwin - 2 hours ago  » 
    My on demand function worked fine for the first few weeks but has now stopped working. If I select the on demand function all I get is a blank screen where previously I had been shown a selection of on demand services: I player, itv player etc. I then saw on another post that channel 901 is I player, 903 is itv player etc. if I select one of these channel numbers then I can successfully view on demand content.
    I have done a factory reset plus a power off reset but nether have any impact
    Anyone with any thoughts or solutions for this?

The back epg does not select programmes not available across SD and HD channels. Don't expect ITV1 player to be available from ITV1-HD. You have to select 103 before going back (tap 103 while in the epg first).

The reset file linked does the same as a factory reset. It's really only useful if you can't get into the normal menus.

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 22:06:47 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

grahamlthompson - 15 minutes ago  » 

The reset file linked does the same as a factory reset. It's really only useful if you can't get into the normal menus.

Except you don't have to reset all your preferences and future planned recordings.

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 22:26:53 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Suggest you start by checking the network settings in Setup to see if the unit has obtained an IP address as it sounds like a network problem to me.

Is Showcase fully populated?

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 9:11:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

I have noticed that On Demand doesn't work (blank screen) if the network connection isn't available when the Humax box starts but is connected later. My daughter turns off her router and powers it on when she needs it, the TV displays a network connected message when the router is booted but On Demand will not work until the Humax box is put into standby then back on again.

I don't think this is necessarily the problem here but I thought I'd mention it in case others power off their router.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 14:02:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

mariner - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have noticed that On Demand doesn't work (blank screen) if the network connection isn't available when the Humax box starts but is connected later.

Works no problem for me under just those conditions.
    I have my box connected as follows...
    1000S -> 5-way switch -> 8-way switch -> router -> internet. All connections are in hard-wired ethernet cable. Humax MAC/IP is set to "fixed" in the router.
    The 5-way switch is normally switched off for several days on end, the 8-way and the router always on. So the only way the Humax can connect is if I switch on the 5-way. On doing that I can immediately see the OD services on the backwards EPG and select any one of them for viewing. So your problem is not associated with the router being off in itself. The problem is either router settings or the use of powerline plugs.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 15:58:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

Connection is via cable to router, router settings set to defaults as delivered.

Humax IP is not fixed in router so that seems to be the significant difference to your setup.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 19:09:29 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

mariner - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Connection is via cable to router, router settings set to defaults as delivered.
    Humax IP is not fixed in router so that seems to be the significant difference to your setup.

If this is significant or not would depend on the DHCP lease period which you can only change on some routers. I think setting a address reservation on the router is a good idea (Much better than on the end device).

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 19:14:47 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

I suspect that something like 99% of Humax users are not technical and won't be interested or able to change router settings and, frankly, why should they be expected to?

I appreciate the input from the technical people but it would be interesting to know if a standard (out-of-the-box) setup/config exhibits the same behaviour as my daughter's On Demand experience.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 21:49:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.