My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freesat App on Android

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

Hi.
    I have just put the Freesat App on my Samsung Galaxy K Zoom Phone.
    Having watched some youtube videos of the Freesat App on IOS, I wonder if the Android App doesn't have all the features of the IOS App.
    I can only seem to get Showcase and TV Guide plus the remote control. I think there should be a Reserved and a Saved section.
    Also, I believe that I can remotely program my box from anywhere in the UK but the box must be left powered on. I have tried to switch off all my power saving options but the box still seems to go to standby after a few hours. Is it OK to leave it on all the time whilst away on holiday, for instance. It does all the necessary recordings etc whilst left in standby, is it worth leaving it on all the time just in case I want to add a recording to it.
    Thanks

| Thu 9 Jul 2015 10:29:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

When the app is paired, your box will wake up every 20 minutes or so, to check the remote scheduling servers for any updates (you can continue to use low power sby). In view of the number of hard disk boots I would be inclined to only pair the app when away from home.

Not having any ios kit I can't answer your other question.

| Thu 9 Jul 2015 12:18:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 
    When the app is paired, your box will wake up every 20 minutes or so, to check the remote scheduling servers for any updates (you can continue to use low power sby). In view of the number of hard disk boots I would be inclined to only pair the app when away from home.
    Not having any ios kit I can't answer your other question.

As Graham as commented I would be inclined to use it sparingly e.g. when on holiday. I have stopped the service on my Android phone because of the wake issues i.e. waking up and spinning up the HDD every twenty minutes - it was driving me to distraction.

I'm not sure it will do the hardware any favours in the long term either.

| Thu 9 Jul 2015 15:23:45 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.