My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freesat App on Android

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

The one thing that would have made this app really useful for me would have been the ability to access recordings cia the remote section of the app.
    Alas this is missing, the apps remote control is basic in the extreme.

| Tue 29 Jul 2014 21:18:44 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

I have now realised that I can access recordings just by powering off and on again, which I can do on the remote app. At last I have dicovered why they insisted on this box booting to the home screen, it;s there as a rather clunky workaround to cover for the lack of a 'home' button on the remote app, good forward planning. Althogh if they had foreseen this they would probably have realised the need for a 'home' button on the app.
    Never the less it does work and for this alone it makes the app well worth while and is. surely, the cheapest best solution for operating the box from the bedroom.

| Wed 30 Jul 2014 11:08:43 #22 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

The iOS app has a section where you can select to watch any recordings that are stored, I'd assume the Android app should get an update at some stage adding the same function.
    In the meantime using the Off/On/ Home menu method is at least a sort of useful workaround for the time being.
    A Recordings or Menu button on the app would come in very handy though, especially if you choose not to keep to app synced to the box.

| Wed 30 Jul 2014 11:24:00 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.