My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freesat HDR-1100S Standby issues

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bughtlin

surely something can be worked out? pairing the box allows remote record. the disk activity is a bug or an oversight?

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 9:43:24 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bughtlin - 31 minutes ago  » 
    surely something can be worked out? pairing the box allows remote record. the disk activity is a bug or an oversight?

There is no way of waking up a Humax pvr remotely. The requirement for a sub 0.5W sby power loading more or less precludes a wake on lan activity option. Only way is locally using infra red or a internal preset timer. Remote recording changes are stored on a server. They can only be accessed by the box waking up and contacting the server to check if any changes have been made. Personally I think the time interval should be user variable and capable of specifying a time overnight when all checks are suspended.

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 10:18:56 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bughtlin

yes agreed

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 10:32:52 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 16 minutes ago  »  Personally I think the time interval should be user variable and capable of specifying a time overnight when all checks are suspended.

+1

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 10:39:43 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Don't hold your breath, this problem has been known (and reported by me to Freesat) since shortly after the app was available. They, rudely, deleted my post, ignored it, subsequently banned me from the forum, and have done nothing since. The forum was eventually closed due to persistent user complaints which they clearly found irritable and embarrassing.

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 19:34:55 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I'm not that bothered tbh. What Graham suggested would work well for me, but it's not a biggie, for me.

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 19:49:19 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andyx

Herewith the useless reply from Humax (2 weeks later!)
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Humax.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Humax product.

Please note the more content you record, have recorded on the drive and set-up to record on the drive the unit must remain active to maintain these files in working order. That is likely why the dish is as active as you state, and I apologise for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

AndrewH
    Humax Customer Support
    Click here to complete our Customer Satisfaction Survey

| Tue 27 Oct 2015 18:29:11 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.