My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freesat not showing on Samsung TV (new user)

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

worlestone

Hello,My first post and a new user, just had the box a few days following a change from Sky.

I can only get a picture if I turn the box on from the mains switch. Using the remote it will turn on, go through the red/off/purple/blue light, but nothing appears on the TV screen, other than a message saying 'looking for signals' followed by a message saying nothing found or similar. It's a Samsung TV, model LE40C580J1KXXU

It's very frustrating after Sky, where everything just worked!

Thank you in advance
    Adrian

| Wed 6 Feb 2019 20:17:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Good evening, this might sound a silly question, I assume you have checked your tv input is on the correct AV input? HDMI 1, 2, 3 scart etc. Once you have selected input on tv corresponding to input that the Freesat box has been plugged into, you should get a picture. Look on the back of the tv to where you have plugged in your HDMI cable. The Samsung tv will have an input on the remote at the top right of the buttons, just press this/arrow along on your tv until you find correct input. Hopefully I may have helped you solve the mystery. Please let us know how you get on.

| Wed 6 Feb 2019 21:25:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Just to add the only other thing is the "handshake" problem with hdmi cable. Might be worth checking the Samsung tv settings are correct or swapping HDMI cable for a spare one to see if this is the problem.

| Wed 6 Feb 2019 21:28:08 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The other thing to try is to disable HDMI-CEC (Samsung: Anynet+) on the TV. then restart the TV and Humax.

One other point, Sky units are nearly always run in an on state, whereas Humax are required to be in a low power standby mode.
    This makes a significant timing difference in the handshake.

With my Philips I now always turn the TV on before I start the Humax as I have HDMI-CEC disabled.

| Thu 7 Feb 2019 7:21:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

worlestone

Thank you all for the help. I think I've resolved it:
    Turned off Anytime (CEC)
    Connected Chromecast to HDMI 3 socket
    Turn on TV first and wait 20 seconds
    Turn on Humax box and hey presto it works!

Have tried this a few times and appears to have sorted, not sure why the Chromecast was needed, but having something else plugged in seems to have been needed!

Thank you

| Thu 7 Feb 2019 20:27:17 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

My experience (Philips TV) was that after I turned off HDMI-CEC, I needed one additional power cycle on the HDR-1000S to rid it of the HDMI-CEC state.

My conclusion was that the smart TV's boot time resulted it the TV not being ready to process the HDR-1000S's handshake.

I doubt that the Chromecast is actually needed now.

| Fri 8 Feb 2019 11:11:27 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.