My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freetime App 2 Set Top Boxes

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

So on advice from here (Thanks) bought a HDR1000S 500GB to compliment a HB1000S +HDD.

I have registered both boxes with the Freetime App but find that I cannot easily switch between boxes within the App and must resort to the web and changing the default box at a PC.

This is a little inconvenient if correct. Am I right?

Is there a workaround where you could use a different email address or even device in the registration process so that you can use one android device for one box and another android device for the second box?

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 7:22:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I'm sorry that I can't answer your specific question. However, as an owner myself of the freetime box I feel I must point out one significant drawback of the app. It will call home very regularly, and each time it does so the HDD will spin up which if you are sitting quietly reading can be a real pain. The other issue of course is wear and tear on the box by the constant spinning up and shutting down.

Many of us who initially downloaded the app have since disabled/deleted it - far more trouble than it's worth. I'm sure someone will answer your specific query shortly - good luck.

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 13:07:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Thanks Faust. I'll keep an eye on it as it's next to where I sit for most of the time. The Sky box does this too every so often as it calls home to check if you've added a recording or there's an update or a series recording after the EPG updates itself. Interesting that the Freesat box doesn't do this unless connected to the App.

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 14:26:15 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Quite a few of us use the app in un-paired mode when it will act only as a LAN based remote control without the ability to set recordings.

I would imagine that if you registered a new email and used a separate device then all would be as you want.

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 14:29:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Yes maybe that's why the new box is silent as it's not the default box. I'll give it a whirl!
    I am a happy Harmony user Repassac so have never used the remote function. Love the Harmony for controlling lots of boxes from one remote.

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 14:53:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

DEphead2004 - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Yes maybe that's why the new box is silent as it's not the default box. I'll give it a whirl!
    I am a happy Harmony user Repassac so have never used the remote function. Love the Harmony for controlling lots of boxes from one remote.

Don't get me started on the Harmony - I have six separate remotes so got the Harmony and it caused anything but Harmony in our household. I found it difficult with six different boxes to control but the wife went ballistic. She insists on keeping it simple so have all the individual remotes laid out like a surgeons table.

The device was duly returned to sender.

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 15:25:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Harmony = Marmite. I have two and a spare

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 15:46:48 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Must admit. A beast to set up but once working then brilliant. IMHO and also used in our household by swmbo with Win 7 MC and Humax x2

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 15:48:42 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I sweat blood trying to get it set up - perhaps 6 devices was a bridge to far, both for the Harmony and for me. Anyhow, without more ado I had put all the other remotes away and duly gone to work. When I got home I found the house mysteriously 'quiet' and SWMBO sat there with a face like thunder.

She had picked up the 'harmony' and couldn't get it to do a thing. The more buttons she pressed the more devices were switching on and off and the angrier she had got. I did try to persevere with it for a few days myself but found the whole thing unnecessarily complicated and not very user friendly.

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 17:41:11 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Full weekend's residential training not provided I'm afraid

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 17:50:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.