My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freetime id problem

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stultus

Hi

First post... already read lots of interesting stuff here.

Just got a Humax 1100S to replace a SkyPlus box. Seems to work fine, very happy with it.

Just one problem, I've searched the forum but can't find any reference to it: When I go into SETTINGS and FREETIME ID the screen just stays greyed out, with nowhere to go except back. Wifi connection works OK, so it's not an issue with needing an internet connection.

As I understand it, this is to get a code to pair the box to a mobile device to us the Freetime App (which I have got installed on my phone).

Can't help thinking I must be missing something obvious.

All suggestions welcome.

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 11:30:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Also happened when I tried it on the HB1000S but was just a glitch - ok when I retried. Try after it's been on for a while and Showcase and OnDemand have finished loading.

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 14:02:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

stultus - 3 hours ago  » 

As I understand it, this is to get a code to pair the box to a mobile device to us the Freetime App (which I have got installed on my phone).

One thing to be aware of with the phone app - it polls the box approximately every 20 minutes to check for updates. When it does so it wakes the box up. If you are sat there quietly minding your own business you will suddenly hear the box wake up and the HDD spin up. Took me ages to realise why this was happening.

I didn't consider this a good thing for the longevity of the device so I have now uninstalled it from my phone. It isn't the only PVR that does this so you will have to decide if you mind it happening.

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 15:17:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

stultus

@JamesB - hadn't tried Showcase, but this isn't working either. Gives the message saying try again in one minute, but never loads.

@Faust - Yes, I'd read about this.

Ultimately it's probably no big deal, not sure if the app is going to be hugely useful, so if I can't get the ID to work, I won't lose any sleep over it. Will keep trying though. Showcase doesn't seem much of a great loss either.

But thanks for the suggestions.

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 16:25:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Have you checked OnDemand?

You could try powering down and unplugging from the wall for half an hour or so, then do a factory reset (this wipes timers, so make a note or photograph your existing timers screen before resetting).

If that doesn't help, you may need to look at your router settings, esp. if it happens to be a BT Home Hub.

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 16:34:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

stultus

Have you checked OnDemand?

Yep, BBC iPlayer works fine.

Router is a Netgear. Does Showcase rely on internet connection?

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 16:45:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Does Showcase rely on internet connection?

Yes. There's a longstanding problem which afflicts some boxes (not all) involving access to OnDemand and/or Showcase. See http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/got-freesat/fix-a-problem/freetime-on-demand for current Freesat statement on this. It doesn't sound like you have exactly the same problem, but I always think it's wonderful what a bit of unplugging and resetting can sometimes do.

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 16:52:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

stultus - 2 days ago  » 
    @JamesB - hadn't tried Showcase, but this isn't working either. Gives the message saying try again in one minute, but never loads.
    @Faust - Yes, I'd read about this.
    Ultimately it's probably no big deal, not sure if the app is going to be hugely useful, so if I can't get the ID to work, I won't lose any sleep over it. Will keep trying though. Showcase doesn't seem much of a great loss either.
    But thanks for the suggestions.

Speaking personally I've never used showcase in the near 3 years I have owned the box. If it never worked again I wouldn't either know or miss it.

| Mon 25 Jan 2016 16:38:43 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.